Operation's Safety Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Operation’s Safety Coordinator
EMPLOYER: Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corp
REPORTS TO: Landfill Manager
EFFECTIVE DATE: 6/01/2022
SUMMARY: Monitors workplace activities to promote and ensure employee compliance with applicable safety regulations. Use of judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of operations and process within the limits of standard Resource Recovery procedures.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enforce policies that support safety culture.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the safety regulations.
- Asist in all construction activities and ensure safety procedures are adhered to
- Conduct safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Assist in training events for company personnel and sub-contractors
- Perform customer outreach activities and distribute related materials
- Asist with traffic management
- Conduct daily safety patrols and remain in constant contact with customers, vendors, and contractors
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with RIRRC safety and health requirements.
- Attend pre-work meetings as needed
- Coordinate, organize, and direct the activities in a specific work area where assigned.
- Attend regular planning and scheduling meetings
- Assist with general supervision of assigned area.
- Act as a role model for employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job may have supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current valid driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record and be insurable to operate company equipment.
- Work independently
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Use independent judgment in performing duties.
- Quick self-starter, team-oriented and able to work with different personalities and professional
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively and tactfully with co-workers, management, and the public.
- Knowledge of principles of superior customer service.
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Required (Can be achieved after employment.)
- Must be able to work overtime hours as needed
- Computer skills required
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quality/Productivity - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Occasionally exposed to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
- Frequently exposed to loud noise
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RI Resource Recovery Corp
BusinessView all jobs at RI Resource Recovery Corp