Essential Job Functions
- Successful completion of Administrative and Site Orientation prior to providing direct care of a person.
- Provides, coordinates, and supervises the nursing services for designated shift including staff assignments related to nursing services and safety in the facility.
- In conjunction with the Recovery Services Administrator, assures that the delivery of nursing care meets licensing regulations and accreditation standards.
- Assures the availability of medical and nursing supplies and equipment. Monitors the safety and effectiveness of equipment in accordance with agency policy.
- Completes and reviews all required reports such as:
- Incident Reports
- Infection Control Reports
- Medication Errors
- Adverse drug reactions
- Safety intervention documentation
- In partnership with the person being served, develops a recovery service plan using Recovery Coaching to engage in each participant in his or her individual recovery journey.
- Assists participants in identifying their hopes and dreams and the solutions they are seeking by using the Recovery Coaching process to develop and record an individualized recovery and wellness plan.
- Ensures completion of designated assessments of all guests brought to the facility developing plans and recovery solutions to partnership with the participant.
- Documents information and service provided
- Documents information and service provided in electronic data base assuring continuity of the service record and as a tool for other team members.
- Provides appropriate treatment and makes appropriate dispositions and referrals in consultation with the team in accordance with agency policy.
- Supervises and/or provides health care including all required medical/nursing treatments and guest monitoring.
- Administers medication following agency’s medication protocol.
- Supervises special diet requirements for guests as needed.
- Initiates and/or ensures appropriate response to all medical emergencies in accordance with agency medical protocols and agency procedures.
- Oversees safety intervention procedures as appropriate to the program.
- Communicate complaints and incidents to supervisory personnel in completing required documentation.
- Demonstrates No Force First philosophy by utilizing non-violent verbal de-escalation skills at all times and Therapeutic Options physical hold techniques as a last resort.
- Participates in at least 48 hours of training in the first 12 months of employment, and at least 24 hours of training every 12 months thereafter and maintains all annual training requirements.
Education, Licenses and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Valid Delaware state RN license or compact license.
- At least one (1) year of full-time accumulated experience in a behavioral health setting.
Additional Requirements, Certifications and Qualifications
- Successful completion of Recovery Innovations, Inc. Peer Employment Training upon hire.
- Therapeutic Options (TO) physical safety intervention training.
- Pre-placement physical.
- Must have current CPR Certification.
- Must have TB test clearance.
- Will be required to pass multi-state criminal Background Check.
If driving is required:
- Must possess a valid Delaware State driver’s license.
- Driving record clearance for the past 12 months as determined by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Proof of valid Insurance if using personal vehicle for agency business
- Must meet and remain in compliance with all driver eligibility and insurance requirements.
Works in general office environment and behavioral health clinical areas. Some risk involved in the event people being served have challenges with control which is mitigated by team training in verbal de-escalation skills. Must possess visual and audio skills to complete job duties. Schedule may include long hours and travel throughout geographic region.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a great work culture and environment.
If you are ready to really make a difference in people’s lives and join our team of professionals who care, then take the next step and apply now!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, and Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Generous PTO (paid time off) Program. RI also supports the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.
Drug Screen Requirement:
RI International is a non-profit organization, whose mission is to provide awareness, knowledge and skills to establish and advance healthy, drug-free choices in our workplace and community.
To support our Mission, we conduct pre-employment drug testing for all positions. Candidates must be able to successfully pass a drug test to be considered for employment.