RHP Properties (www.rhp-properties.com) is the nation's largest private owner and operator of manufactured home communities headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI. We own and operate more than 250 manufactured home communities across 27 states and continue to expand, annually. Due to our continued growth, we are adding a Senior Operations Manager – Expense Management to focus on expense management across our national portfolio. In this role, you will report directly to RHP's President and communicate regularly with executive staff and JV's.
We are seeking an individual who will identify, assess, and enable all cost-saving opportunities across the RHP manufactured housing portfolio with the goal to reduce expenses, improve operating margins, and enhance property value. This role will work with the senior leadership team to identify, prioritize, and implement expense savings opportunities to help the communities achieve their targets.
As a successful Senior Operations Manager - Expense Management, you will:
- Identify operational inefficiencies and redesign/implement new streamlined business processes
- Ongoing property-level staffing, payroll, and G&A expense analysis/monitoring
- Development of a supplier management program, including supplier selection, evaluation, development, and rationalization/consolidation strategies. Work with operations and field teams to identify appropriate vendor solutions, and re-negotiate vendor contracts, where appropriate
- Research and recommend implementation of industry best practices
- Identify and manage expense saving ideas and prioritization process based on a framework of ease of implementation and level of impact
- Collaborate with finance and asset management teams to identify KPIs, create performance dashboards and monitor the ongoing progress of cost-saving initiatives
- Work in close partnership with Operations leadership, including Regional Vice Presidents and Regional Managers to ensure compliance and accountability
- Drive consistency and transparency in expense management practices across RHP communities to optimally support business decisions, from top to bottom
- Develop a strong expense management culture throughout the organization to ensure buy-in across the operations, senior leadership and field teams
- Attend weekly management calls with JV partner(s)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Operations, or Management. Advanced Degree, a plus.
- 10+ years as an operations manager, senior manager, or management consultant, including at least 3 years of leadership experience in a medium to large, diverse organization in a strategic operations role with demonstrated success in leadership, cost reduction, and program management.
- Extensive prior exposure in developing cost control protocols for multiple site operations.
- Strong technical, analytical, interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to influence and hold people accountable.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills with knowledge of tactical and strategic purchasing.
- Understanding of supplier partnerships, contracts, and business acumen.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executives and peers.
- Ability to analyze financial data from various sources both internally and externally and create meaningful reports, spreadsheets, and graphs for use by company management.
- Work attitude that exhibits drive, assertiveness, judgment, decision making, dependability, and ambition.
- Must be able to work on several tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and ensure completion of tasks.
- Must possess excellent organization, management, analytical and negotiation skills.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive compensation. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability; life insurance; paid time off and holidays, life insurance, and 401K.
Our organization's success stems from the ability to effectively target and acquire well-located Manufactured Home Communities, whose value can be enhanced through RHP’s comprehensive and competent management. RHP is committed to creating a wonderful environment where our residents always enjoy a well-maintained and attractive community.
RHP Properties is America's Home.
Live Life. Live it Here.
Why Work Here?RHP Properties is an accomplished real estate investment firm specializing in the acquisition and professional management of manufactured home communities. We own and manage a total of 260 manufactured home communities with over 65,024 sites spanning 27 states, with a combined value of approximately $5+ billion. We are the largest private owners in the industry. Our organization's success stems from the ability to effectively target and acquire well-located Manufactured Home Communities, whose value can be enhanced through RHP’s comprehensive and competent management. RHP is committed to creating a wonderful environment where our residents always enjoy a well-maintained and attractive community. RHP Properties is America's Home. Live Life. Live it Here.
We believe in promoting from within the company whenever possible. Investing in our employees has been a key factor in our continued growth.