A busy Ophthalmology/Optometric practice in Providence, RI is seeking an Optometric technician/assistant.
Duties to include but no limited to:
- Assist Optometrist by performing patient work ups, preliminary tests and checking contact lens parameters
- Neutralize glasses with auto or manual lensometer.
- Perform visual acuities.
- Perform visual field tests.
- Work along side Optometrist as scribes.
- Accurately document patient information, history and ocular examination into the EMR system.
- Address patient questions and concerns.
- Contact lens knowledge and instruction on the insertion and removal of contact lenses.
- Ensuring exam rooms and clerical space cleanliness.
- Prepare and close equipment at the beginning and the end of each day.
- 1 Year experience preferred.
- COA certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Refraction skills a plus.
Full time. Excellent benefits.
Job Type: Full-time