Brain Injury Community Counselor
RHI Rehab South Bend, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana is located on the northwest side of Indianapolis. RHI provides quality service to those facing life-changing injuries or illness. Featured as the only Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Model System in the state of Indiana as well as the only rehabilitation center that is CARF-certified. We offer competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a 401k match and tuition reimbursement program.
NOTE: Seeking LCSW, LMHC or LMFT. This position will be required to be located in the South Bend, Indiana area and work remotely.
The Brain Injury Community Counselor will be critical in establishing a foundation for the provision of RF complimentary services in Northern Indiana, using telehealth when possible. As a result, the successful candidate will be required to provide a variety of services at start up to support growth. Some individual and group teletherapy will be expected, as well as Psychometry (psychological/neuropsychological assessment) and various resource facilitation. Research and grant studies will also be options to explore and further his/her clinical research.
- Train with various brain injury specialists at the onset of employment to establish desired level of experience/knowledge for service population and earn and maintain a Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) certification.
- Participate in regular staff, leadership, and research meetings to ensure the appropriate growth and governance of these services.
- Participate in meetings with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, employees at hospital systems, advocacy groups, medical professionals, research staff, and others who might have a need for or ability to refer to the various services listed in the job description.
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Psychometrist for assessment training, Clinical Director of Neuropsychology for clinical supervision and Director of the RTOC and Biostatistician.
- Work remotely
- Be capable o fusing Microsoft Office Suite, in addition to telecommunications platforms such as Zoom, WebEx, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related behavioral health filed.
- Must have an active Indiana License that allows for the provision of psychotherapy to people with a brain injury
- Background in psychology, brain injury, rehabilitation, memory loss services, or an understanding medical conditions is preferred.
- Experience with psychometric measures is preferred (i.e., administering, scoring, etc.)
AddressSouth Bend, IN
HealthcareView all jobs at RHI Rehab