About the job
RHI Magnesita has an amazing opportunity for a Multidiscipline Engineer at York, PA!
This engineering position will plan, organize, design, budget, and execute continuous improvement and capital projects from inception to commissioning on site. In addition, provide hands-on engineering support to maintenance for our various complex automation and manufacturing equipment.
The Multidiscipline Engineer will report to the Head of Engineering Automation and travel both domestically and internationally with about 5% travel time.
The Multidiscipline Engineer tasks will include:
- Consider safety a top priority with participation in preventative safety actions including system entries, audits, risk assessments, working safely and effectively in a manufacturing environment
- Ensure new equipment designs adhere to quality standards
- Manage projects to ensure they are both on time and on budget through spending forecasts, tracking and detailed project timelines with milestones
- Purchase system components and track expected delivery dates
- Coordinate the installation of equipment through direction of contractors and/or maintenance team
- Create technical support documentation for to the maintenance team and create preventative maintenance procedures
- Specify which items should be added or removed from inventory to support equipment
- Provide engineering expertise for lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency of production
- Lead maintenance team members though hands-on troubleshooting and explanations during complex breakdowns and system startups
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering.
- Experience of 5 or more years in the field of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering performing automation/equipment design and managing projects from inception to implementation in an industrial environment
- Ability to design hydraulic systems
- Ability to engineer systems through 3D modelling, finite element analysis (FEA) testing, creation of mechanical drawings, and bill of materials used to manufacture the systems
- Ability to engineer and program electrical control systems with HMI's, servo's, vision cameras, safety PLC's, PLC's, and create electrical control system schematics with bill of materials
- Experience programming ABB robots and Allen Bradley PLC's a plus
- Experience in HMI design with WonderWare a plus
- Experience working with SQL/MySQL databases a plus
- Experience working with Cognex vision systems a plus
- Ability to interact with employees and visitors in a pleasant, professional demeanor
- Thorough knowledge of SolidWorks 3D modelling methods and principles
- Working knowledge in AutoCAD Electrical
- Deep engineering knowledge of weldments, assemblies, the effect of stacking tolerances, clearances, and mechanical fits
- Proven communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of internal customers and external contractors
- Ability to adhere to engineering principles, documentation standards and safety design standards is required
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA, OSHA and MSHA standards and requirements.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project.
- Ability to work off hours nights/weekends to support operations and project deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and organizational skills
Amazing benefits! Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, +
Learn more about us and follow us at:
Do you want to know more? Check out www.rhimagnesita.com
Find us on: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
RHI MagnesitaYork, PA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.