Outpatient Psychiatric NP or PA for Fort Myers, FL.
- Psych NP/PA for Ft. Myers-outpatient position with private multi specialty group.
Full Benefits and competitive compensation package
· Develops treatment plans for acute and chronic psychiatric illnesses.
· Performs complete examinations, including interviewing clients to obtain complete medical histories, social, psychological, family histories as well as performing, ordering, interpreting and evaluating laboratory procedures, and diagnostic tests.
· Diagnoses and treats both acute, chronic and episodic disorders including complications of otherwise routine processes.
· Establishes and documents the health care plan and prognosis, maintaining records of each case that are detailed and complete for any physician reviewing them to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan.
· Initiates and furnishes drug therapy, taking responsibility for other reactions as well as therapy when performed prior to consultation with a physician.
· Maintains accurate and current clinical documentation of care given and client’s response and progress to treatment.
· Educates and guides patients on disease prevention, disease management, and healthy lifestyle habits.
· Prepare reports and other verbal and written documentation required by facility.
· Share on-call responsibilities with a supervising Physician on back-up
· All other specific tasks delegated by supervising Physician in accordance with the Physician Assistant's knowledge and experience developed under the supervising Physician.
· Attend and participate in treatment team, staff meeting, educational and training sessions.