Family Nurse Practitioner
Hawaii - Maui
The Family Nurse Practitioner is a vital member of the clinical team and works with the providers and staff to deliver patient care in accordance with nationally accepted guidelines, policies and procedures to achieve the health center’s goals and objectives in delivering exceptional care to our patients.
We are seeking an FNP/APRN with current Hawaii License
· Performs physical assessments of patients with acute and chronic diseases and illness; provides a treatment plan and follow-up with written protocols.
· Educates and guides patients on disease prevention and healthy lifestyle habits.
· Performs screening history and physical examinations for patients, including those who are homeless and aging.
· Performs diagnostic tests and screening evaluations.
· Provides or makes arrangements for the provision of pharmaceuticals based on written protocols or direct physician order.
· Provides referrals to appropriate sources for specialized or chronic medical care.
· Investigates and intervenes into potential and actual problem situations regarding patient care.
· Communicates, conferences, and collaborates patient care with and among patient, patient’s family, physicians and other health care team professionals.
· Documents nursing care according to established guidelines and maintains patient medical records (EMR) and charts.
· Participates in Quality Improvement program, in-service, meetings, committees, and research activities as required and assigned.
· Performs fiscal duties, submits reports for funding and grant proposals, writes, reviews and revises procedures relating to patient care, and other assigned administrative duties as required to support primary care and in collaboration with the related integrated health services offered by the clinic.
· Current CPR, negative TB within past 12 months, and APRN or NP licensure/NED registration in the State of Hawaii required.
The ideal candidate will have APRN or NP from a recognized program, evidence of continuing education, competencies with providing services to a diverse patient population as APRN or NP of at least one year, and verifiable work background in treating all individuals with respect and aloha. Master in Science or Public Health preferred. This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer at our Wailuku clinic. Full-time, Exempt, salary DOE.