Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. (RGi) is looking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer with ML/AI experience to join our team! The candidate will be responsible for researching, developing, implementing, testing, and evaluating various data mining and machine learning techniques to solve challenging problems.
The Software Engineer will work closely with researchers in support of an NGA machine learning and analytics project. The Software Engineer will work as part of an agile software development team to build an anticipatory global situational awareness capability for the Air domain using statistical inference of norms associated with air domain objects of interest to identify patterns of interest, probabilistic forecasting based on a robust sample of observed activity, and outlier detection to reveal anomalous or interesting behavior. The ideal candidate must work well in a team environment, be self-motivated, and is comfortable digging into data, trying innovative approaches, and isn't afraid to fail fast and move on to other techniques/ideas.
Take this opportunity to support an exciting and challenging project, play with the latest technologies, all while helping our nation bring the best modern capabilities to our soldiers and analysts!
Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Communicate with government customers and stakeholders
- Design and implement big data processing architectures for streaming data
- Rapidly prototype new methods for processing and exploiting streaming data
- Evaluate and quantify tradeoffs for competing methods and products
- Mature solutions and deploy applications in classified environments
Software Engineer Basic Qualifications & Skills
- U.S. citizenship
- TS security clearance required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- 5-8 yrs. of related experience in:
- One or more of the following languages: Java, Python, C++
- Data analytics and Machine Learning
- Analysis of algorithms, software, and software architectures
- Data Processing tools (e.g. Spark, Sci-kit Learn, OpenNLP, TensorFlow)
- Windows & Linux/Unix environments
Software Engineer Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Masters in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- Technical leadership for a software development project
- REST APIs, or OGC web standards such as WFS and WMS
- Databases (PostGIS, SQLite, PostGRES)
- Geospatial Servers (GeoServer, MapServer)
- Geospatial Data Processing (Geowave, Geomesa, GDAL, OGR, PostGIS)
- Continuous Integration, Testing, and Deployment (Docker, Kubernetes)
Who We Are
Reinventing Geospatial Inc. (RGi) is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. We solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an immediate impact for our nation’s soldiers and analysts.
We pride ourselves on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
- 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
- Paid parental leave
- 401k with matching
- Escalating vacation time
- Referral bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development training
- Free beverages and snacks
- Catered breakfast on Fridays
Reinventing Geospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.