Job Location: Initial 6 months at Holland, MI and then moves to Novi,MI
Contract to Hire position
• Quality System – Validation Engineers are expected to fully understand and implement the Validation Quality System contained within the Laboratory Manual
• Specifications and Test Plans – Validation Engineers create or collaborate with product engineering in the development of product performance specifications. Validation Engineers must understand all customer test requirements. Knowledge of the warranty record, past test history and actual field use of current and past products is beneficial. Validation Engineers create and maintain a test plan that meets the customer expectations and when all requirements are met, result in reliable products. Validation Engineers must conduct a Test Plan Review at the appropriate stages during a launch.
• Testing – It is the responsibility of Validation Engineers to select the proper test method for testing. This includes selecting the appropriate test equipment as needed. Validation Engineers are responsible for ensuring that all testing is done in an appropriate and timely fashion and that all committed deadlines are met. This includes defining a critical path, dividing tests into subgroups, and ensuring outsourced testing is scheduled as needed. Validation Engineers are responsible for creating work orders, reviewing test results, making final test dispositions, and recording and communicating test results.
• Test Fixtures – Validation Engineers ensure that the development of new product fixtures and testing equipment meet the customer expectations and simulate the in-vehicle environment, as required. Validation Engineers may collaborate with the fixture development group to initiate the design and constructing of a fixture.
• 4 year technical degree or
• 2 year technical degree with 5 years technical experience, PLUS college level math and mechanical and/or electronic aptitude