4 months contract with the possible extension
Job Title Purchasing Manager – Logistics (3A)
The North American Purchasing Agent - Logistics will execute local, national, regional, and global agreement programs for Logistics consistent with company goals, procedures, and policies. This position will focus on obtaining maximum value for Henkel by managing cost, quality and service targets as outlined by purchasing management. This position will report within a matrix structure so strong organization and communication skills are required.
What we offer
- North American Purchasing Category Agent Logistics, responsible for the Road & Rail (Truckload, Bulk, Less Than Truckload modes) Logistics category for Adhesive BU & Road & Rail Less than Truckload category for Beauty & Laundry Home Care
- Responsible for spend management greater than 90M € spend across a complex supply base
- Responsible for supplier management, contract negotiation, cost savings forecasting, stakeholder engagement, risk management and governance.
- Collaborative cross-functional role with frequent interaction with both Global and Regional Supply chain, and Finance business partners.
- Leverages current and future business requirements, market intelligence, and historical spend information to oversee the development of category strategies that drive a simplified supply base, business value and continuously reduce costs.
- Develop & implement logistics category strategies supported by complex sourcing events
- Independently develop & manage processes that include Request for Proposals, Tenders, eSourcing, reporting and analysis for both existing and new businesses.
- Negotiation of supplier terms and conditions and contract administration.
- Represent Purchasing on internal teams and to external suppliers.
- Support both Global Category and Brand innovation strategy and initiatives.
- Identify, plan, and execute process improvement activities including digitalization, communication and analytical analysis.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree required & MBA preferred
- Fluent in English is mandatory, both written & spoken, any other language is a plus
- 5+ years related Purchasing, Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of good purchasing practices, supply chain management and contract law as it applies to the procurement process.
- Strong knowledge of multi-modal transportation market (Truckload, Intermodal, Rail & LTL) market including supplier base, general industry information and cost drivers
- Experience proactively engaging customers and suppliers to identify and define potential opportunities and issues; developing solutions that create value.
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated flexibility in approach to negotiating based on the situation.
- Excels at stakeholder management and team collaboration.
- Thinker and Do’er, understand the big picture & integration points, take personal accountability and ownership of tasks & deliver results
- Experience in Continuous Improvement (CI) and Lean Six Sigma is a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving & influential skills
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- SAP experience preferred.
RGBSIRGBSI, a leader in the staffing industry, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to our clients and employees. We are proud to be the primary staffing partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace, IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries. As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are looking for energetic, personable professionals to partner with these leading US companies.