Job Location: One Henkel Way, Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Position Type: contract( 4- 6 months) with possible extension
- 5+ years of experience in Transportation, Logistics or related experience
- Transportation/Freight spend, sourcing, negotiation, and contracting experience
- Excellent planning and organization skills, strong verbal and written communications skills and effective negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Project implementation and management experience
• Bachelor’s degree required & MBA preferred
• Fluent in English is mandatory, both written & spoken, any other language is a plus
• 5+ years related Purchasing, Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge of good purchasing practices, supply chain management and contract law as it applies to the procurement process.
• Strong knowledge of multi modal transportation market (Truckload, Intermodal, Rail & LTL) market including supplier base, general industry information and cost drivers
• Experience proactively engaging customers and suppliers to identify and define potential opportunities and issues; developing solutions that create value.
• Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated flexibility in approach to negotiating based on the situation.
• Excels at stakeholder management and team collaboration.
• Thinker and Do’er, understands the big picture & integration points, take personal accountability and ownership of tasks & deliver results
• Experience in Continuous Improvement (CI) and Lean Six Sigma is a plus
• Excellent analytical, problem solving & influential skills
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• SAP experience preferred.
- Responsible for supplier management, contract negotiation, cost savings forecasting, stakeholder engagement, risk management and governance.
- Collaborative cross-functional role with frequent interaction with both Global and Regional Supply chain, and Finance business partners.
- Leverages current and future business requirements, market intelligence, and historical spend information to oversee the development of category strategies that drive a simplified supply base, business value and continuously reduce costs.
- Develop & implement logistics category strategies supported by complex sourcing events
- Independently develop & manage processes that include Request for Proposals, Tenders, eSourcing, reporting and analysis for both existing and new business.
- Leverage Analytics to drive insights & opportunities across the Road & Rail category & BU's
Identify, plan, and execute on process improvement activities including digitalization, communication and analytical analysis.
RGBSIRGBSI, a leader in the staffing industry, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to our clients and employees. We are proud to be the primary staffing partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace, IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries. As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are looking for energetic, personable professionals to partner with these leading US companies.