Location: One Hamilton Road Windsor Locks CT 06096
Position Type: 12 months Contract(Possible Extension).
Work Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday- Friday.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree (US Citizen)
Title: 10354361 - Project Engineer
- Manage high complexity engineering management and project management for technical process improvement projects.
- Responsibilities include developing productivity tools, managing documentation, tracking schedules.
Additional Job Details:
- ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within the Company and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground.
- We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
- The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years.
- Within ISR & Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines.
- This is an engineering leadership position that focuses on managing the engineering organization effectiveness relative to interactions with suppliers with design authority non-core hardware (e.g. solenoid valves, sensors, motors, pumps and pressure regulators.
- This position will work with the appropriate programs personnel, purchasing and supplier quality organization to assess the program demand requirements versus capacity and technical adequacy of our SDE supply base.
- This position will work to facilitate engagement of additional SDE supply base resources to meet demand and hardware requirements.
- This leadership will drive the generation and approval of work products (Statements of Work, Procurement Specifications and Source Control Drawings) as enablers to contract with equipment suppliers on custom designed balance of plant hardware.
Education / Certifications:
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering w/ 12 + years of experience
- MA/MS degree w/ 10 + years of experience
- Prior experience in related Engineering discipline(s) in a leadership role
- Extensive experience working with suppliers with design authority
- Experience with environmental control hardware (e.g. thermal and humidity control, air revitalization, water reclamation etc.) preferred
- Familiarity and experience working in the development of new components and experience working with suppliers.
- Experienced with Earned Value Management
- Ability to define and drive execution of various trade studies to drive architecture decisions and drive requirement generation.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategize longer term projects
- Superior interpersonal and influencing skills, including coaching and mentoring of other engineering staff
- Strong computer skills, MS Office
- Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers
- Ability to bring team members together and work problems to resolution
- Program Management Professional Certification is a plus.
- US Citizen