Material Handling Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Payrate: $28 - $30/hr on W2
· The Material Handling Engineering Specialist is responsible for managing new model and existing platform rack programs.
· The Engineer will work with Corporate Material Handling Engineering (CHME) to ensure quality and delivery and buy off for racks/containers on a timely basis.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Develops material flow plan and calculates manpower for all parts within scope once the parts arrive at the plant gate until final delivery to the assembly line.
· Calculates capacities on trailer gates, docks, marshalling, storage, staging areas, dollys/carts/etc.
· Sets up these areas and create man assignments.
Facilities and Equipment:
· Develops specifications for equipment and designs scopes of work for equipment needed to support the logistics process.
· Works the process to get the equipment sourced, purchased, built, shipped, installed, and bought off.
· Works with plant to make sure facilities are prepared for logistics processes.
· All material handling equipment falls within this scope.
· Bachelor's degree required
· 5 years' experience in material handling or logistics
· Prior experience in material flow systems, design, managing, and purchasing
· Experience with installation of material handling equipment such as Rack indexers, turn tables, over/unders shuttles and conveyors
· Must be able to interface fluently with all levels of plant personnel
· Ability to write projects
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· Excellent leadership and communication skills are required
· Must be able to work all shifts and weekends
· Preferred Requirements:
· Advanced or Master's degree preferred (Supply Chain Management, Logistics Engineering)
· CAS design is a plus
· Supervisory experience
· Bachelor's degree in Package Engineering or related Engineering degree
BusinessView all jobs at RGBSI
Get fresh Material Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!