6 months contract with the possibility of extension/to be hired directly (depending on your performance and business needs)
· The Maintenance Technician is part of the Maintenance department and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
· The Maintenance Technician personnel repairs and maintains equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, dc electric tools, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Observes mechanical devices in operation, diagnoses, and repairs malfunctions.
· Dismantles mechanical devices to gain access to, remove, and, replace defective parts.
· Makes approved modifications to machinery and equipment to meet production needs.
· Lubricates and cleans parts.
· Starts equipment and devices to test their performance.
· Sets up and operates mill, lathe, drill press, grinder, welder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
· Maintains, installs, and repairs electrical equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance work orders on equipment and tooling.
· Programs PLC’s and uses PLC logic to trouble shoot and solve equipment problems.
· Works with Fanuc robots.
· Installs new machinery and equipment.
· Observe company rules and policies.
· Maintains a safe work environment.
· Performs Lockout/tag out procedure for defective equipment or tools
· Fabricates approved fixtures for production use.
· Performs Pipefitting.
· No supervisory responsibilities are required of the maintenance technician
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and /or experience:
· Industrial Electronics / Mechanics associates’ degree or equivalent and knowledge of and experience with basic plc, electrical processes, hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, pipe fitting and blueprints. The maintenance technician will also have a minimum of 2 years plant floor maintenance experience or a Journeyman’s card.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.