Job Title: Lead Project Engineer
Location: 14300 Judicial Rd Burnsville MN 55306
Duration: 24 Month Contract
· This position is an established Project Engineering professional who conducts engineering activities that further success of overall project objectives. Gathers data, and prepares, analyzes, maintains and presents plans and progress reports to monitor project progress. Escalates problems as needed and completes project tasks.
o Prepares and maintains project plans, budgets, and staffing requirements to ensure that all action item lists are completed, and project quality expectations are met.
o Estimates costs, resources, and time required to complete projects to ensure business targets are met.
o Gathers and analyzes data to monitor projects progress in terms of cost, schedule and technical specifications to facilitate operations and ensure that established objectives and budgets are achieved.
o Prepares and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to ensure that established targets are met.
o Identifies and escalates project problems and supports resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
o Manage project assignments with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
o Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
o Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
o Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
o Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
o Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
o Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
o Represents Client as the primary customer contact for projects.
o Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
o Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
o Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
- BS Degree in Engineering required along with the following: 7+ years of Design Engineering experience with 5+ years of Engineering project leadership experience (or a minimum of 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree, plus 2+ years of Project Leadership). Experience leading cross functional teams in regulated industry, e.g., aerospace, medical, preferred.
- Experience with the following Engineering disciplines/technology areas preferred: mechanical design & qualification, systems architecture, requirements management, electrical design & qualification, MEMS. Demonstrated project leadership experience throughout product life cycle, i.e., Bid & Proposal through Entry Into Service.
- Applicant must be familiar with MS Project Server 2007/2010/2013 or similar project management tools and MS Office. Experience with Earned Value Management.
- Familiarity with aerospace industry development and certification processes preferred, including exposure to RTCA/DO-178, RTCA/DO- 160, RTCA/DO-254, and SAE ARP4754.