- Manages a team and provides direction on research, development, design, and testing of electrical components, PC Board Layout, Electronics Packaging equipment, facilities, systems, products and networks for commercial, industrial and governmental purposes.
Additional Job Details:
- Project Engineer, Electrical Product Development IPD Lead Client is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within Client and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground.
- We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
- The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years.
- Within ISR & Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines.
- Project Engineer to lead Integrated Product Development Team efforts relative to addressing obsolescence of several key enabling technologies for the both crewed and unmanned space applications.
- Specifically you will be involved in development activities related to digital electronics as enablers of our space hardware and systems.
- This position will take direction from the Program Chief Engineer.
As an Electrical Project Engineer Leader you will be immersed in the following activities:
- Coordinating setting team meeting agendas, leading team meetings and driving action item closures
- Coordinating the electrical design activities associated with the development of new circuitry and integration of that circuitry for our digital electronics.
- Team activity scope control, including status and corrective action plans to budget challenges
- Coordination of engineering change activities
- Coordination and driving failure investigation activities
- Driving issue resolution closures due to assembly, test and procurement challenges.
- Oversite and driving of IPD team activities to drive the engineering work products that enable procurements, fabrication, assembly and test.
- The candidate will drive the execution of all engineering responsibilities on the program while meeting both internal and external customer expectations.
- Direct communication with customers will be required including daily tag-ups, weekly meetings, and quarterly meetings.
- This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), technical experience, and the ability to work as cross-functional team member.
Education / Certifications:
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering degree w/ 12 + years of experience
- MA/MS in Electrical Engineering 10 + years of experience
- Desire to lead teams from an engineering and project execution perspective.
- A working knowledge of electronic circuitry development and development testing
- A working knowledge of manufacturing and testing of digital electronic circuitry.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategize longer term projects
- Superior interpersonal and influencing skills, including coaching and mentoring of other engineering staff
- Strong computer skills, MS Office
- Three years of experienced utilizing Earned Value Management Methodology
- Natural presence/comfortable presenting to internal and external customers
- Ability to bring team members together and work problems to resolution
- A desire to lead with the purpose of improving IPD Team performance.
- US Citizen
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D and Tuition Reimbursement, etc. If you take pride in your work and are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk to you. Please visitwww.rgbsi.comto learn more.
RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and India.