Position: Composites Tooling Engineer
Location: 8200 Arlington Ave Riverside CA 92503
Duration: 12 Months Contract
· This position for Client will support manufacturing activity for 787, MRJ, A320NEO, C-Series, A350 and legacy programs. Using CATIA V5 and simulation software, candidate will be required to run producibility on composite layups, make appropriate ply edits according to engineering notes and specifications.
· Plies must be spliced and flat patterns developed according to tool order requirements.
· Candidate must have knowledge of laser projection and flat pattern exports.
· Candidate must have experience using Virtek laser projector systems and be able to troubleshoot ply projection issues on the fly.
· Responsible for keeping production laser projectors running and maintaining up to date part (.ply) and tool (.cal) laser projector files.
· Candidate should have adequate knowledge of composite sandwich structure construction and hand lay-up techniques.
· Candidate must have excellent written and oral skills and have an expert knowledge of CATIA V5.
· Strong working knowledge of FiberSim (ACEE/CEE) and Composites Design Workbench (CPM/CPE) is required. In Catia V5, must have experience in Part Design, Assembly Design, and Generative Shape Design.
· Must have knowledge of ENOVIA, Teamcenter, SAP, Microsoft Office Suite software.
•Retrieving tool orders from SAP
•Downloading engineering and tool designs from ENOVIA and Teamcenter
•Using FiberSim and CPM to simulate composite layups
•Optimizing ply producibility for better fitment over complex surfaces
•Enhancing soft tooling surfaces for ply producibility simulation processes
•Exporting laser projection and flat pattern files
• Troubleshooting Virtek laser projector hardware and software issues
•Maintaining central network of Virtek data
•Creating Virtek calibration files for an assortment of tooling Qualifications: 10,000 hours min of CATIA V5
Education: HS Diploma