RGBSI Rocky Hill, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Location: 1 Henkel Way, Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Position Type: contract( 12 months) with possible extension
Pay Rate $27.40/hr on w2
- PhD in chemistry, polymer science, or material science with experience in applied organic synthesis, polymer characterization.
- Creative leader in the field of applied chemical research with experience in synthetic chemistry with an understanding of property / structure relationships.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to lead project activities using sound scientific principles
- Individual with proven track record of success such as publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Familiar with standard laboratory techniques and working experience in purification methods and characterization of monomers or oligomers
- Executes day to day laboratory activities in support of Product Development Projects.
- Synthesize new monomers, functional oligomers and polymers in the laboratory that will be used in adhesive product development for differentiated performance.
- Ensure lab safety by identifying hazards and maintaining all SHE guidelines.
- Maintains lab space at 5S Level 3 and champions the 5S process.
- Designs and carries out experimental plans and procedures with minimal supervision.
- Develops plans in collaboration and discussion with their supervisor as appropriate.
- Generates, interprets, reports on data, and recommend future path for further development.
- Maintains technical awareness by reviewing current literature and attending relevant conferences and short courses, documents findings, and presents relevant developments in the field and develops new ideas to advance state-of-the-art attributes.
- Ensures timely project milestone advancement using best practices and to ensure strong, seamless, interfaces with various teams.
- Writes technical reports, trip and project reports, patent disclosures, and technical papers.
- Generates innovative adhesive concepts and ideas that may develop and expand existing business opportunities or define emerging opportunities for Client Adhesives. Stays current with technology and market trends.
AddressRocky Hill, CT
ScienceView all jobs at RGBSI