This person will support engineering and have general admin responsibilities (managing calendars, ordering supplies, coordinating meeting invites, ordering lunches, checking in visitors for the building, etc.). This person will have some reports they will need to run in excel also, so at least basic excel knowledge will be necessary.
Perform a variety of administrative duties for one or more managers. Use established office procedures to perform the necessary job functions required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handle, type, and process complex and confidential material
• Review outgoing material and correspondence for accuracy and format. Originate letters and memos using independent judgment and initiative. Prepare reports and special projects as directed. Compile reports by entering and retrieving data from multiple systems and resources.
• Screen telephone calls, visitors and incoming correspondence
• Coordinate and schedule appointments and internal meetings, assembling any necessary meeting materials.
• Organize and maintain files.
• Order office supplies and maintain inventory
• Coordinate travel and hotel arrangements
• Daily contact with customers, service providers, executives, senior managers, etc. (in person, via telephone, e-mail)
• Sort and distribute incoming mail
• Help coordinate office activities for the floor
• Coordinate office machine maintenance, supplies
• Process Facility requests
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-plus years related experience
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, along with ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Microsoft Office skills
• Must have good grammar and proofreading skills
• Associate’s degree in administrative assistant or related field preferred
• JD Edwards experience preferred