Accounting Supervisor (Oracle Operations)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Novi, MI USA
Position Type: Direct Hire
- Supervises, coordinates, and participates in activities of workers in three US office locations engaged obtaining, calculating, posting, and recording financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records by performing the following duties.
- Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compiles composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required by management or government agencies.
- Supervises and participates in preparing and auditing materials requiring analyses of supporting documents and insures that all entries are entered into the system properly.
- Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies, determining appropriate corrective procedures.
- Recommends enhancements, communicates, and coordinates accounting policies, practices, and procedures with department and company managers and officials, vendors, reporting agencies, clients, customers, and the public ensuring compliance with organizational and governmental policies as well as effective and efficient operations.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow, issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures, studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Reviews general ledger accounts, balance sheet, and income statement schedules and the required adjusting journal entries.
- Recommends enhancements to general accounting activities to ensure compliance with organizational and governmental policies and procedures and to ensure the most effective and efficient operations.
- Implements process and automation improvements to reduce reconciliation efforts. Develop, recommend, and implement procedures to improve efficiency of current financial systems and data gathering for reporting.
- Operates within budgetary guidelines and assists in budget development for the company.
- Communicates and interacts with external auditors and responds to their inquiries and requests for additional information in a timely manner.
- Performs a wide variety of accounting functions including preparation, review, and approval of journal entries, month-end closing processes and reports, year-end schedules and reports, quarterly/annual tax reports; and account reconciliation.
- Responsible for month-end closing duties and financial reporting.
- Responsible for management of capital assets and account reconciliations for all locations.
- Performs analysis on cash flow forecast and assists Sr. Manager, Accounting with operational cash management activities.
- Meets accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews; implements production, productivity, quality and customer service standards; resolves problems; and identifies system improvements.
- Assists Sr. Manager, Accounting with transfer pricing studies information compilation; accounting improvements implementation for subsidiaries (Mexico, Brazil, and Canada); and physical inventory management and audit in all locations including Mexico subsidiary.
- Ensure and enforce controls in compliance to J-SOX key controls, workflows, and standards.
- Directly supervises three-four staff accountants.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must possess the experience of Oracle operation for more than six years. (this person needs to solve day to day Oracle operation issue for accounting staff.)
- Must possess strong skill (high proficiency) and knowledge of Excel for analyzing big or volume data.
- Must possess Bachelor of Science (BS) in Accounting, Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Accounting or Related Field
- Possess work experience of the compilation of financial statement for audit.
- Possess high level knowledge and experience of financial and cost accounting (including inventory accounting).
- Work experience in the Factory accounting (inventory accounting) more than five years is big Plus
- Work experience in the Automotive industry (more than five years) is Plus
- Must be hands on (execution of work without staff's support), self-starter and detail oriented.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and India.
RGBSIWhy Work Here?
RGBSI A&D is proud to be the primary partner to top companies in aerospace & defense industries.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D and Tuition Reimbursement, etc. If you take pride in your work and are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk to you. Please visit www.rgbsi.com to learn more. RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and India.
Finance and Insurance