Sr. Software Engineer - AWS
- Posted: over a month ago
RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking a growth-oriented candidate to be part of our engineering team in the Des Moines, IA area. You will work with our engineering staff to provide highly engineered software solutions for our clients using state-of-the-art engineering tools.
This is a full-time position with a full benefits package listed below, that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity for professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
This position is associated with developing and maintaining a series of cloud-based tools used to troubleshoot the behavior of computer-vision algorithms embedded in our precision agriculture software. Additional work may include the development of a pre-labeling pipeline to automatically label video/image data based on metadata, sensor data, and point cloud data. This position is located onsite at our client’s facility in Urbandale, IA.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with large data sets comprised of video and image data, metadata, J1939 CAN logs, and point cloud information.
- Integration of software in a multi-developer team using Agile and Continuous Integration methodologies
- Participate in code review, code optimization, and refactoring
- Support validation and tuning of solutions with application development teams
- Provide feedback to application teams about necessary enhancements, outstanding issues, and or defects pertaining to the defined applications.
- Defining and documenting best practices and strategies that are related to application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Creating reusable, effective, and scalable application infrastructure
- Carrying out software analysis, testing, debugging, and maintenance as required
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering. Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering are considered if relevant experience exists.
- 2+ years of development experience with Python and C++
- 1+ year experience with Amazon Web Services including S3, Lambda, ES, ECS
- Experience developing with Linux operating systems
- Experience working in a multi-developer environment utilizing relevant version control and workflow management tools (e.g. Git, Rally/Jira/Trello)
- Experience working with machine learning or machine-vision libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, OpenCV, etc.
- AWS Certification
- Development experience on a major cloud platform (Azure, AWS, or GCP)
- Experience with CMake
- Experience with CAN J1939 communication protocol
- General machine knowledge of industrial equipment or machinery
- Self-motivated, quick learner, with a can-do attitude
- Strong mathematical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry-leading customers dating back to 1943. Our primary focus is project-based product development of off-highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems, and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, MN, Satellite office in Dubuque, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR
AddressDes Moines, IA
TechnologyView all jobs at RFA Engineering