Mechanical Design Engineer - Entry Level
- Posted: over a month ago
RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking Mechanical Design Engineers to be part of our engineering team at our customer's facility in Lafayette, IN. You will work with a team of engineers to provide highly engineered, optimized designs for diesel or natural gas engines using state of the art engineering tools.
Our customer's facility is a world-class engineering and manufacturing center. These are full time positions that are indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
Mechanical Design Engineer
The job duties for these positions vary by group. They may include any of the following:
- Product development in the diesel and natural gas engine industry.
- Focusing on component and systems validation of diesel or gas engines.
- Build support for engines in the oil and gas industries.
- Working with component support teams, validation teams, factory operations, application and installation and customer service teams as needed to ensure robust product solutions.
- Working with internal teams to source components to new foundries. Travel to visit suppliers.
- Manage product quality projects, defining root cause and solution implementation.
- Manage Continuous Product Improvement projects using Six Sigma principles.
- Communication with suppliers and customers on product selection and integration.
- Use of Creo 4.0 and Teamcenter to support 3-D Modeling of components.
- BSME, BSMET or equivalent degree with experience.
- Entry level candidates and experience candidates will be considered.
- Strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through work experience or hobbies.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to travel (less than 10% of time).
- Experience with the APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) process.
- Experience in 3-D Modeling Software; Creo 4.0 (Pro/Engineer) experience.
- Previous experience with Teamcenter or other PDM software.
- Experience with manufacturing processes.
- Design experience or exposure to off-road mobile equipment or engines.
- Experience with shop or factory support.
- Desire to work in an engineering environment focusing on robust & cost effective design.
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
Health and Dental Insurance
Supplemental Vision Insurance
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid Long-Term Disability
Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
Extra Time Bonuses
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at RFA Engineering