Design Engineer - Entry Level (Waterloo, IA)
- Over a month ago
RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is looking for a growth oriented candidates that want to join our team at our customer's facility in Waterloo, IA. As a member of our team, the selected candidates will work with our engineering staff and our customer's staff to support the development of engines and/or tractors using state of the art engineering tools.
This is a full time position with a full benefit package listed below, that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
- Concept and develop mechanical components and systems that may include multiple plastic processes, castings or forgings, stampings or laser cut parts, and welding or bonding of components.
- Communication with suppliers and customers on product selection and integration
- Use of Creo 7.0 and Windchill to support 3-D Modeling of components, sheet metal and possibly hydraulic or electrical routings.
- Creation and support of 2D drawings and specification documentation
- Work with manufacturing, product verification and validation, and suppliers to develop efficient and cost effective designs
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers.
- Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Agricultural Engineering or related degree
- Strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through work experience or hobbies
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Experience in 3-D Modeling Software; Creo 7.0 experience (Preferred)
- Previous experience with Windchill or PDMLink
- Strong understanding of GD&T
- Design experience or exposure to off-road mobile equipment
- Ability to address quality issues, determine root cause and drive to a corrective action
- Desire to work in an engineering environment focusing on robust & cost effective designs
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center near Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR
EngineeringView all jobs at RFA Engineering
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?