- Posted: over a month ago
The Network Engineer will have responsibility for the implementation, monitoring, and enhancement of RFT’s corporate network infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining network efficiencies, security, and solution planning for the full Local Area Network and Wide Area Networks that are used for business operations on a daily basis.
The Network Engineer will provide engineering for implementation of safety, security and asset management solutions comprised of RFT and 3rd-party products leveraging various network infrastructure technologies and client/server based solutions. Responsibilities will include a mix of systems engineering, configuration, solution development, integration and maintenance support. They will assist in the development and improvement of full IT based customer solutions that may be hosted at RFT and/or deployed at a customer’s facilities. This includes solution development and improvement of security, operational standards, and processes to improve delivery quality and operational efficiencies; leading to enhancement of customer satisfaction and growth of company revenue and profit.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximize network performance and operational efficiencies by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; securing infrastructure for all company owned or managed data networks.
- Work directly with internal and external customers discussing system requirements for numerous IT disciplines and technologies, review well thought-out options, help implement thorough solutions, and provide support for systems as needed.
- Work with all areas of the Information Technology department providing support and coverage as needed to ensure continual system and business operations; including after hours work which is required as needed to minimize business impact of production systems.
- Maintain appropriate levels of communication with the customers, 3rd-party vendors, RFT subcontractors and RFT sales, service and engineering to insure that all are well-informed.
- Insure that services are provided in the time frame promised to the customer, and that the quality and completeness of work performed meets or exceeds the expectations of the customer.
- Assume ownership of issues and follow through until issues are resolved.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintain personal networks; participating in professional organizations; studying and passing industry recognized certification programs.
- Develop system migration and integration roadmaps; maintain documentation and processes; gather solution pricing and proposals and bills of materials; order required parts and materials; manage projects and subcontractors; implement system upgrades; test, validate and certify upgrades; manage quality for all applicable systems.
- Provide input on product functionality requirements including suggestions for new product development, product improvements and new business opportunities.
- Provide feedback on product, installation and service quality issues.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and ethical behavior in compliance with Company Standards and Policies, and governing Local, State and Federal Law.
- Azure / Office 365 administration experience.
- 3+ years of network engineering experience including design and implementation of Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and VPN (client and site-to-site) network topologies.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering.
- Strong technical, problem solving, organizational and project management skills. Outstanding commercial and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Software and Solution Development experience.
- Thorough understanding and proficiencies with full information technology systems comprised of server and PC hardware. This includes Microsoft Windows server and client operating systems, email and messaging solutions, and end-to-end system troubleshooting.
- Experience with VoIP, network security, Internet access, radio frequency equipment, and a comprehensive understanding of security and control system applications.
- Must be available for minimal business travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent developmental experience.
- Cisco or other security certifications.
- Microsoft certifications are preferred.
- Experience with application development is desired along with an understanding of web based technologies, database software and design, and efficiencies in troubleshooting software problems.
- Experience with web based SaaS solutions.
Why Join the RFT Team?:
RFT is a privately owned company preparing to grow rapidly and develop a winning team focused on improving the life and safety of others. Our well-rounded compensation plan includes:
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Educational Assistance
- Comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid sick days and holidays, plus permissive time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
RF Technologies, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at RF Technologies, Inc.