REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup founded in Los Angeles. We have offices in Austin, TX, the Bay Area and Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX expanded to 10 cities in 2018. And with a recently closed Series C, REX will expand to 14 new markets in 2019.
REX is rapidly growing and entering new markets and building amazing consumer solutions revolutionizing the real estate buying and selling experience. We are also building amazing digital experiences that allow buyers and sellers to purchase a home without being bothered with traditional real estate middlemen. We’re seeking a User Experience Leader to join us as we build amazing websites and products for our customers and for our internal teams. In this role, you will have an outsized impact in leading the definition of projects that define the future of the company. Success will be measured by the delight of our audience; conversions, engagement, and results that move the needle.
- Identify opportunities to measure and improve conversion funnels.
- Create experiences that simplify internal workflows and processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to make intelligent and pragmatic trade-off decisions.
- Apply deep understanding of UX best practices while exhibiting sound rational to support experience/design decisions.
- 6+ years of total experience designing for mobile and web in both an external and internal consumer product focused environment.
- Experience with responsive web design including a solid understanding of user-centered design.
- Care about building scalable and value-driving experiences – with attention to clean, well thought through solutions.
- Technical expertise in the development of design/prototyping.
- Strong layout, color and typography skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders and clarify UX requirements to product owners.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to defend design decisions.
- BFA or equivalent in fields related to design or HCI.