REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup founded in Los Angeles, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017 and 2018, REX continues expanding to cities across the US. REX home sellers only pay a 2% fee for the entire transaction and we go around the MLS to target home buyers directly with sophisticated marketing that we are pioneering in real estate. Transactions are managed with support from the REX tech platform and team, which include engineers, marketers, customer support, transaction coordinators, and a New York licensed broker.
About The Position
We're looking for an energetic, customer-first licensed agent with a deep understanding of the New York market to join the REX Sales Team. The ideal candidate will generate excitement about REX services, build strong relationships with prospective customers, and help buyers find their next dream home. The REX Agent will leverage the platform, marketing efforts, and team to show homes, attract buyers and sellers, and manage relationships through to successful closings.
- Manage the home selling and purchase process, working with the REX broker, marketing team, operations, transaction coordinator, and customer service as needed
- Attend photoshoots and ensuring the home is ready for sale
- Work with prospective buyers to show the home, answer questions, and host open houses, including nights and weekends
- Communicate our efforts and progress to sellers and the REX Team
- Assist buyers and sellers with offers and negotiation, within REX’s guidelines
- Once an offer is accepted, draft purchase agreement and work with escrow and transaction coordinator to ensure a smooth escrow and closing process
- Deliver high customer satisfaction in every aspect of your work
- Promoting REX services and generating leads for sellers, buyer rebate, home loans, etc.
- Collaborate closely in a team environment and share real estate and market expertise to our marketing and operations teams to ensure REX's success in the New York market
- Recruit and manage Associate Agents and Showing Reps – find 2-3 local, part time people to open homes for showings and open houses
- Comply with REX policy manual and all BRE/legal statutes that mandate what agents will do – including visual inspection of property, ensure disclosures are consistent with what you see, sign necessary documents and disclosures
- Licensed New York real estate agent, with 2+ years of experience in residential home sales
- Deep knowledge of the New York real estate market and trends
- Superb client service and communication skills
- Solid understanding of the real estate transaction process, documents and disclosures but not bound by traditional approaches where not legally mandated
- Experience working in a CRM to manage contacts, leads, and transactions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based collaboration and productivity tools
- Detail-oriented: A proven ability to carefully follow a process, adhere to guidelines, track progress, and suggest improvements to the process and guidelines over time
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Startup experience and relevant language skills a plus
Compensation and Benefits
REX offers attractive salary and health benefits with an equity stake in this fast growing tech company.