REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup based in Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster, and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers! REX home-sellers only pay a 2% fee for the entire transaction, and we go around the MLS to target home-buyers directly with sophisticated marketing that we are pioneering in real estate. Over the last year, REX has expanded to Colorado, Texas, Northern California, New York, New Jersey, and Portland from its roots in Southern California. In 2018, the company increased listings by 300% year-on-year, representing homes cumulatively valued at over $1 billion and in the process, saved customers over $12 million in fees they otherwise would have paid traditional brokers.
What You'll Do:
- Pitch REX to new seller leads and convert them to new REX sellers
- Manage the home selling and purchase process. Work closely with the REX broker, marketing team, operations, transaction coordinator, and customer service as needed
- Arrange for photographer and manage photo selection
- Assist buyers and sellers with offers and negotiation, within REX’s guidelines
- Ensure a smooth escrow and closing process
- Provide expertise on the home buying and selling to the broader REX team suggesting improvements to our marketing and operations
What You Need:
- An active Illinois real estate license
- 2+ years of experience in residential home sales
- A deep understanding of the real estate transaction process, documents and disclosures but not bound by traditional approaches where not legally mandated
- The aptitude to embrace new technologies and services and is experienced with collaborative economy companies such as Uber, Airbnb, eTrade, eBay, and eLance
- Has experience with web-based collaboration tools and SAAS solutions and able to rapidly learn to the latest tools
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Spanish and other relevant languages a plus!
Compensation and Benefits
REX offers attractive salary and health benefits with an equity stake in this fast growing tech company.