Flight Physician, - SJU
Reports To: Chief Flight Nurse & Medical Director
Responsibility is to evaluate, coordinate and deliver medical care provided to patients during air transport. Is familiar with the scope of practice of the transport team members and the State regulations in which the transport team practices. Works with the other transport team members to coordinate care of the patient during transport; once called, readily available/arrive at specified location, within 1 hour before wheels up.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Obtains medical report from Medical Director or designee, to include addressing diseases affected by altitude
- Calls for update with discharging facility / Physician when appropriate
- Participates in Pre-Flight debriefing with other members of the medical team, pilots and flight coordinator
- Familiar with the location and use of all medical equipment and supplies
- Participates in pre-flight checking of medical equipment and supplies when necessary and requests additional supplies as needed specific to patient’s condition and needs, based on available patient report and distance of transport
- Participates in loading and securing equipment in the aircraft
- Performs and documents a complete head to toe assessment of the patient
- Assist the medical crew in obtaining appropriate documentation from the patient and passengers, i.e., passports, visas, and/or documentation of medical events and interventions
- Safeguards all medical records, x-rays and other medical documentation as per HIPPA regulations
- Assist the medical crew in obtaining signatures on consent forms
- Assist the medical crew in safe transport from facility to aircraft
- Assures delivery of minimum standard of care (see: Minimum Standard Patient Care Requirements) bedside to bedside
- Maintains constant communication with medical team, pilots, Operations Center, and Medical Coordinators. Works collaboratively to coordinate the patient care delivery given
- Assures adherence to Universal Precautions
- Transfers care of patient and records to the receiving facility. Gives report to receiving Physician, if present at time of arrival, and documents the name of physician report was given to
- Completes medical records documentation upon release of patient to receiving facility
- Assist medical crew in cleaning and storing medical equipment
- Co-signs controlled substance forms and log
- Completes occurrence reports when indicated to assist in the CQI program
- Completes debriefing, including completion and signature on debrief form, with entire transport team
- Attends general staff meetings and educational programs as per the medical departments programs
- Complies with Dress Code
- Provides a monthly availability schedule
- Notifies Director of Clinical Operations if unable to be on call on predetermined days
- Demonstrates a commitment to Reva Inc.’s mission statement through consistent patterns of work behavior exhibiting positive relations with coworkers and promoting professional representation of the company and external customers
- Completes annual requirements, to include Annual Equipment and supplies competency / currency validation form, Medical screening update form, Safety and infection control update form, ICU/Trauma competencies form, Aircraft and personnel security briefing form, completed quarterly intubations, completed AvStar program, Wellness form, EMS Rules and Regulations review, Hazardous materials recognition and response review
- Does not participate in risk-taking behavior while on transports.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Current certification in BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP and Advanced Trauma course.
- Certification of a DOT approved flight physiology course
- Florida State license and/or Arizona State License and/or New York State License (depending upon home base location)
- Current Passport
- Proficient on Microsoft Suite including word processing
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Transfer/position patients of all ages and physical conditions.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze diagnostic data
- Utilize visual, auditory, verbal, and olfactory processes required to assess, monitor, and care for patients.
- Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possible exposure to blood-borne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials.
- Exposure to dynamic cultural diversity.
- Long transport times in the confined space of the aircraft.
Location: San Juan, FL.
In the medical transport industry, urgency, reliability, and experience are absolutely critical. We have completed over 30,000 flights in 70 countries. From marooned hikers to critically ill patients, REVA provides medical transport service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, worldwide. When patients need care that cannot be provided during normal travel or in the region they are currently in, they call REVA. REVA’s reach is worldwide. Four bases of operation within North America, the Caribbean, and Europe provide points of departure convenient to even the most distant locales. Our 13 dedicated ICU configured Jets, more than 200 air-ambulance professionals, and Global Alliance with industry partners give us a global profile. If it’s on the Earth, it’s on our radar.
REVA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
REVA, Inc.00983, PR
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.