Date: Nov 3, 2019
Location: Elkhart, IN, US, 46514
Company: REV Group, Inc.
Requisition ID: 2898
REV Group (NYSE: REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles ("RVs") and luxury buses). REV's brand portfolio consists of 30 well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV's brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years.
- Must be able to ensure manufacturing, quality, and safety requirements are met.
- Assemble components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specifications
- Read blueprints and verify the parts required prior to assembly. Must be able to operate hand and power tools.
- Work from schedules, manuals, wiring diagrams, shop orders, prints, pick lists, photos, and instructions.
- Inform supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt response to the problem
- Identify and understand basic plumbing, electrical and mechanical components that are commonly used in assembly.
- Review shop orders and similar materials to determine requirements. Retrieve parts, materials, and supplies from staging location.
- Must be able to participate in LEAN and continuous improvement activities.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Regular attendance
Tools and Equipment used:
Air and power driven tools including but not limited to: Hand Drills, Drill press, Impact gun, Grinders, Die Grinders, cut off wheels, DA Sanders, Dynafiles, wrenches, air guns, heat guns, and Stud Welders; Fork Truck training and operation required.
Assembler qualifications and skills
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2+ years' experience in general assembly work or specialized training
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shifts
- Experience with power and hand tools a plus
- Basic math and communication skills required
Nearest Major Market: Elkhart
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend