Project Manager / Business Analyst
The Data and Technology Services (DTS) Division of RESPEC, seeks a Project Manager/ Business Analyst (PM/BA) who will be responsible for the overall success of a project, management of the project team, requirements gathering, definition, documentation, and quality assurance testing activities. This is an on-site position in Albuquerque at our RESPEC office. Relocation assistance is not offered.
The Project Management responsibilities includes:
- Management of the development team
- Overall project schedule and resource management
- Financial planning, scope management, issue and risk management, and project execution using Project Methodology best practices
- Plans, directs, and monitors the work produced by the team(s).
- Management of Client stakeholder relationships, including ongoing communications, negotiation of scope and schedule changes, key risks, issue resolution, and ongoing progress reporting
- Runs client meetings such as Weekly Status Meetings and organizing software demonstrations
- Serves as a liaison between functional business users and the technical/development team.
- Serves as Lead in the definition of user business requirements, assures requirements are appropriately addressed in application implementation, and redefines business processes to maximize application usage as required
- Creates User Stories, and/or Business Requirements documentation, definition of successful testing of the requirements will be performed, and when necessary, performing the testing.
This position is the primary contact for managing the client's User Acceptance Testing (UAT) team, including management of the resolutions related to any issues found during testing.
The PM/BA shapes client expectations, and manages contracts and scope related to the project. This person must have a broad knowledge of industry best practices and be able to proactively identify potential project risks to advise and consult with clients on risk identification, analysis, and mitigation strategies.
- 8-10 years directly applicable experience
- Experience working with Project Management software, MS Project, Smartsheet's preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle Process, including Agile and Waterfall methods
- Effective analytical and presentation skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to tailor communication to different audiences, such as management, stakeholders, users, SMEs, developers, and others
- Ability to lead others to articulate additional possibly hidden needs and to communicate and work effectively with both functional area experts and technical team members
- Ability to engage with the Delivery Manager and/or the PMO office regarding an escalation of a project issue or area of risk that requires senior management involvement
- Experience creating Weekly Status Report, Change Requests, Project Plans, Business Requirements, User Stories, Business Process flows required
- Strong process analysis and documentation skills; experience on projects to develop workflow-based enterprise software
- Experience as a PM and BA on the same project preferred while working on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Advanced skills in data organization and analysis, problem solving, systems documentation a plus
- Experience overseeing user acceptance testing and providing test cases
- Experience working with web application development teams who use technologies such as Java, Angular, PHP, C# (coding experience not required)
- Software skills includes MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio (or the like), Confluence and Jira (or the like)
Compensation: Wage will be commensurate with education and experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period. Interviews:
Interviews are made by appointment only. Examples of work/documents that you have created in the past serve as proof of your ability to create a project plans and other pertinent software documentation are required as part of our interview process.
Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
RESPEC IncAlbuquerque, NM
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.