SUMMARY: This highly creative and motivated individual is passionate about ideation, development, presentation of trade show exhibits and other experiential environments. RES believes that outstanding results are achievable when our entire organization is thinking out of the box. The foundation of everything we do is brilliant design. Our senior exhibit designers spearhead the structural and experiential creative process including hands-on design and rendering and providing guidance to our graphic designers and multi-media developers.
Job Results & Essential Functions
· Development, presentation and specifications for all new business exhibit designs
· Efficient use of resources & materials
· Deliver finished product on specified deadlines.
· Beat time allocations
· Work within project budgets
· Maximize productivity of RES investment in exhibit design hardware & software
· Operation of computer, software & file management system
· Implementation of new software, production techniques and design trends
· During slower prospective business periods, assists with existing client design needs.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
· Visual, verbal & written presentations
· Effective communication of design intent & specifications
· Awareness of department schedules and workload
· Participate in project & departmental meetings
· Shares ideas and receives feedback in all matters related to exhibit design
· Documentation & training of design processes
· Works effectively with team and peers
Quality Control and Maintenance (20%)
· Set & Maintain relevant, exceptional & competitive design standards
· Keep hardware & software running in tip-top condition
· Ensure work environment is clean
· File system maintenance
· Regularly introduces new offerings, techniques and ideas
· Maintain library of resources, materials, techniques
· Responsible for organizing and maintaining job archives.
· Accuracy & completeness of all documentation
Attention to Detail
- Is thorough and precise in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Translates complex situations into simple, meaningful explanations that others can grasp.
- Listen, empathize and then express yourself through narrative and visuals
Execute for Results
- Demonstrates a consistent and persistent focus upon setting challenging objectives, doing things better, improving the quality of results, and achieving significant business impacts.
- Treats change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; focuses on the beneficial aspects of change; speaks positively about the change to others.
- Manages multiple priorities and maintains effective levels of customer service.
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Design with 7-10 years of experience working in a trade show exhibit design.
Basic math. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, dimensions and ratios. Ability to measure. Ability to manipulate scale & proportion. Basic Geometry.
Extremely important! During busy season: concurrently manage multiple shows, multiple clients, multiple graphics within each exhibit; each graphic may contain multiple components. Must manage version control throughout approval process. Position requires policing design server for excessive files & archiving.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Confident & independent decision making.
Syteline: Basic Skill Level
Microsoft Office: Intermediate Skill Level
Max, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Indesign: Expert Skill Level
V-Ray, Inventor, Photography: Intermediate Skill Level
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate office equipment such as a computer, camera, copier, fax and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift/move up to 45 pounds. Long days during busy season. Climb stairs.
Ability to interpret documents & design drawings such as brand guidelines, booth elevations, creative briefs, and procedure manuals. Strong verbal communication skills when dealing with internal customers. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, vendors, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
The noise level in the work environment can be loud in production areas. Hearing protection is provided as an optional use. Design room is cold in summer & hot in winter. Must comply with safety & dress codes for all production areas.