Flexible working arrangements: Work from Home 2-3 days per week
If you have RECENT public accounting experience, are a subject matter expert in Tax and have 4-6 years (no more no less) experience managing tax engagements then this may be the job for you. Our client is a CPA firm serving clients in the Maryland, Virginia and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Headquartered in Rockville, MD, candidates must be a CPA or working toward becoming a CPA. Local Candidates only! Flexible schedule, work from home option a few days a week, generous time off and phenomenal benefits package.
The Senior Tax Accountant must be self-motivated and have a keen interest in the tax area demonstrated by an advanced knowledge acquired through professional reading, continuing professional education and independent study. Senior Tax Accountants must be analytical thinkers with good reading comprehension skills.
- Keep current with new developments in the area of taxation. Demonstrate the ability to communicate critical information to the Firm and determine which new developments apply to firm clients.
- Plan, direct, follow-up and complete an engagement. This includes training, supervising and evaluating staff. The tax consultants should assign work to the staff according to their experience and capabilities and provide guidance, direction and on-the-job training when appropriate.
- Recognize problem areas, and offer solutions. Promptly bring to the attention of the manager or partner any significant tax issues. Ability to perform independent research.
- Coordinate with the partner, manager, and non-tax staff all phases of the engagement such as communications with clients, defining the issues, budgeting, staff assignment, scheduling and billing.
- Review of tax work papers to establish that the standard practices and policies of the Firm have been followed.
- Increase technical expertise and depth of knowledge of tax law with possible specialization within a given area. If such specialization is developed, tax consultants should demonstrate the ability to function as Firm resources for clients as well as partners and staff.
- Conceptual understanding of the principles of taxation.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently complete compliance engagements, including preparation of tax returns and tax projections.
- Ability to independently research tax issues and draft appropriate client or file memoranda. This requires a thorough knowledge of the use of tax library resources.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to train and supervise staff.
- CPA license or working toward acquiring a license.
- Public Accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of computer software with tax applications available in the Firm. This includes research tools, BNA individual tax planning, Excel, and CCH Axcess products.
- Has an important relationship with the staff. Through supervising and assisting staff in tax areas, tax consultants have an opportunity to develop close relationships. Tax consultants are expected to be supportive of the partners and Firm policies and help assimilate the less experienced staff. They also share the responsibility to develop the staff both professionally and personally.
- Awareness of additional services that could be rendered by the Firm to existing clients.
- Increasing proficiency in interpersonal relationships with Firm personnel and client personnel.
- Involvement in professional and community activities.
- Development of practice referral sources and participation in practice expansion activities.
- A high degree of professional attitude as to objectivity and independence.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THE CLIENT:
- A supportive and enabling management team
- An awesome work environment
- The opportunity to join a successful and growth-oriented organization
- Career fulfillment working with high profile clients
- Competitive compensation and benefits
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications please forward a recent copy of your resume and state your salary requirements.