Remote IT Engineering Architect - Healthcare Industry
RES Consultant Group Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Healthcare IT Managed Service Provider (MSP) is looking for a highly skilled, Remote IT Engineering Architect to be a critical part of their team and join their mission of revolutionizing Healthcare Information Technology. The ideal candidate is a self-starting and flexible individual, willing to be both hands-on, innovative, and interested in advancing a career within a growing company.
The HCIT Engineering Architect will act as a knowledgable, confident, competent guide for the MSP's clients on their journey together to fulfill their clients healthcare IT needs. The Architect will typically be working remotely with clients and the MSP's cross functional support teams to scope, develop, implement, manage, and maintain the healthcare IT platforms used by their clients. Both technology and business skills are used to support their client’s healthcare IT needs.
The position requires a working knowledge of typical healthcare business workflows and processes, modern EHR platforms (athenahealth, NextGen, Allscripts, etc), attention to detail, business intuition, excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to professionally present ideas to all levels of the corporate structure. The Architect is responsible for analysis and alignment of customer IT infrastructures. Healthcare IT experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge of the MSP's client environments
- Perform regular, proactive service reviews implementing best practices and standards
- Minimize reactive issues through understanding and accurately applying existing proactive services
- Drive the technical relationship with assigned clients
- Provide remote support with occasional on-site assignments as necessary for new customer onboarding, conferences, and business meetings
- Manage and maintain client documentation
- Work with client’s Information Services staff, vendors, and user community to maintain a fast, reliable, and redundant healthcare IT environment
- Implement software components relating to EHR platforms
- Translate complex IT processes and changes into understandable information for healthcare staff
- Document EHR processes and related maintenance steps to ensure system reliability
- Assist in the selection, support and maintenance of EHR 3rd party products, add-on’s, upgrades, and enhancements as required
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Collaborate with vCIO, Client Account Management, and Service Team to ensure excellent customer service
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in‐depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for diligently entering all time and expenses in the ticketing system as they occur
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established
- Understand processes in MSP's PSA solution by completing assigned training materials.
- Enter all work as service tickets into TMSP's PSA solution.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up‐to‐date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- 3+ years experience as an IT Administrator or similar position in a healthcare-centric support model.
- 2+ years with athenahealth athenaPractice (aka CPS) and/or athenaFlow (aka CEMR) or similar EHR platforms
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Self‐motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- The willingness to generate and maintain clear technical documentation and records
- The capacity to learn existing and emerging technologies
- The ability to provide technical support and problem resolution for unfamiliar software and hardware
- Familiarity with ticketing systems or professional service automation tools
- Ability to pass periodic mandatory drug testing and background checks
- Professional appearance and behavior (appropriate dress, punctuality, tactfulness, etc.)
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Familiarity with healthcare workflows and processes, especially where healthcare and IT crossover.
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 10
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy
- Knowledge of modern application delivery technologies (Citrix, WVD, RDS, VMware Horizon)
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications please forward a copy of your resume and specify your desired salary.
At RES Consultant Group we work diligently to connect individuals with jobs that are in their field. Whether you're ready for a job within your field or you're exploring different career options, let RES help meet your employment needs.
RES Consultant Group
A company of professionals who provide recruitment solutions for leading companies throughout North America. At RES we focus on permanent and contract placement. If you’ve been looking for employment and haven’t had any luck, allow our team of expert staffers to help with your job search. If you're an employer looking for qualified employees give us a call! With over 25 years of experience trust RES to help provide employment solutions. At RES Consultant Group we work diligently to connect individuals with jobs that are in their field. Whether you're ready for a job within your field or you're exploring different career options, let RES help meet your employment needs.