MANAGER: IT VENDOR RELATIONS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is seeking a highly skilled, MANAGER: IT VENDOR RELATIONS to orchestrate dealings with its healthcare customer's suppliers, such as makers of hardware and software and providers of services. The vendor manager will guide the purchasing of products or services for the healthcare facility,
The MANAGER: IT VENDOR RELATIONS is responsible for developing and maintaining successful relationships with our clients’ customer vendor network, establishing and measuring required performance levels from vendor onboarding throughout the entire relationship, and assuming primary responsibility for maintaining open and effective lines of communication between both parties.
The MANAGER: IT VENDOR RELATIONS is actively involved in all aspects of vendor management and coordination throughout every stage of the business relationship. They supervise any pre-screening or qualification procedures and assist in negotiating favorable terms and prices. They initiate any onboarding or initial account setup, make introductions to direct account representatives, oversee the processing of contracts and invoices, and resolve any conflicts to ensure an ongoing positive connection. They also guide and implement high-level vendor management strategies and policies.
To be successful as a MANAGER: IT VENDOR RELATIONS, you should be detail-oriented and adept at multitasking effectively as well as demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving, negotiating and decision-making skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors
- Meeting with suitable vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns
- Conducting research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing and product quality
- Continually monitoring sales trends to determine which products are more popular than others
- Manage the contracted KPIs and negotiate pricing with new and existing vendors to ensure optimal cost and turnaround time by proactively seeking and implementing measures that optimize the vendor network through recommending processing, servicing, or initiating technology improvements that will result in cost reduction, improved productivity, and/or service performance
- Managing vendors to ensure compliance with company policies, and informing new vendors of their responsibilities.
- Implementing vendor selection programs to ensure that the best vendors are secured
- Conducting interviews with new vendors and informing approved vendors of their responsibilities and obligations
- Establishing standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors
- Evaluating current vendor management programs and identifying ways to improve them
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years managing vendor relationships
- Overall technical understanding of what is included in today’s network topology
- Proven experience working as a vendor manager
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to multitask effectively
- Strong negotiation, management, and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Tier 1 or 2 technical support experience
- Worked in a healthcare setting
- Understanding legal terminology
- Working in an MSP – Managed Service Provider network
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications, please forward a copy of your resume and state your salary requirements
At RES Consultant Group we work diligently to connect individuals with jobs that are in their field. Whether you're ready for a job within your field or you're exploring different career options, let RES help meet your employment needs.
RES Consultant Group
16th StreetSilver Spring, MD
Get fresh Vendor Relations Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.