Our client, a full-service CPA accounting and advisory firm located in Wilmington, Delaware has asked for our assistance in sourcing for an Audit Senior Accountant with 3-5 years of current audit experience. Responsibilities include the direction of audit field work, assignment of detail work to staff, and review of their working papers. Also prepare financial statements, develops= corporate tax returns, and suggest improvements to internal controls. Experience in audits of nonprofits and for-profits preferred. Insurance-captive accounting experience a plus. CPA or working toward license. B.A. or B.S. degree in accounting or related field . Great benefits and work-life balance.
- · Assist supervisor / manager of audit engagement in planning for audit engagements including:
- Internal control documentation and testing
- Risk assessment and audit program development
- Fraud interviews
- Preliminary analytical review and planning materiality
- Performing substantive audit procedures in most audit areas of the client engagement
- With the assistance of the audit supervisor/manager, scheduling and coordinating audit fieldwork with clients
- Researching technical guidance of accounting and tax matters in areas of questions and developing a conclusion to be discussed with the audit team
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years public accounting audit experience
- CPA license or working towards a CPA license
- Experience in the audit process - planning and fieldwork including:
- Entering trial balance and financial statement preparation
- Experience with risk assessment and internal control documentation and testing
- Confirmation preparation and follow up
- Completion of audit programs and checklist (PPC a plus)
- Experience in performing substantive audit procedures
- Documentation of audit workpapers in accordance with GAAS
- Take ownership of work and meet deadlines within and for the overall engagement
- Problem solve and design or recommend practical solutions to problems identified during engagements
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in Client operations and/or weakness in systems of internal controls
- Communicate directly with clients to be able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Experience with researching accounting, tax matters and interpreting tax rules
- Ability to prepare client’s information and income tax returns
- Experience in insurance accounting/auditing a plus, but not required
- Experience in audits of nonprofits, for-profits, and captives preferred
- Proficient computer skills in ProSystems Engagement and Tax, PPC Checklists. Audit Programs and MS Office products, specifically Word and Excel
Our client is an award-winning, full-service CPA accounting and advisory firm providing tax, audit, estate, trust, and accounting services to small businesses, nonprofits, families and individuals, and captive insurance groups. They have have proudly served clients from the Delaware valley and across the United States since 1939.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays, CPE training, stipends, profit sharing, employee referral bonuses, and free on-site fitness center.
This is a great place to work and if you feel you have the necessary qualifications please forward a recent copy of your resume and state your salary requirements.