RER Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a Real Estate Financial Associate. This position will support the Army Portfolio and Asset Management team, providing oversight for the Army’s Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI). MHPI is an excellent example of an effective Public-Private Partnership (P3) Program and involves a 50-year ground lease between the Army and private sector residential developers. MHPI projects are master-planned residential communities and are located at Army Installations nationwide.
Title / Location: Associate – Washington, DC Specific Responsibilities:
• Advise DOD clients on all aspects of large-scale housing privatization projects, including real estate finance, property management, construction oversight, and legal document review;
• Monitor compliance with legal requirements, follow up on deficiencies;
• Review and update pro forma financials for large scale residential projects and create pro forma financials in MS Excel
• Proficiency in model creation/adaptations including forecast analytics;
• Gather and evaluate economic, demographic, and real estate market data;
• Review and analyze legal documents, financial reports, and operating plans as part of the due diligence process, negotiations, and restructures;
• Provide project management assistance, working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders on issue identification and resolution;
• Develop and update briefing materials for stakeholders in the housing privatization program including proficient in PowerPoint Presentations including chart/graph creation and manipulation;
• Brief senior Army leaders who do not have a financial or technical background;
• Monitor project performance and Key Performance Indicators, develop short and long-term cash flow projections, develop and propose recommendations to address challenges;
• Assist in management of client relationships, including communications, meeting management, training and facilitation of vision development
• Maintain financial database and document management website using SharePoint; manage stakeholder access;
• Document best practices for the team;
• Handle a significant workload through effective assignment prioritization and time management;
• Proactively and effectively communicate project status to managers;
• Travel annually or as needed to project sites to conduct site visit assessing property management operations and compliance.
• Provide written quarterly reports documenting project status and Key Performance Indicators;
• Develop analysis of economic, demographic and real estate market data;
• Produce accurate and well-organized deliverables on schedule.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in real estate, business, finance, public policy or related field; minimum of 4 years work experience preferred; Strong financial/analytical, strategic thinking, data analytics, organization, time management, client relationship and project management skills; Proficiency in creation of Analytical and Forecast Modeling, Self-motivation and the ability to show initiative in taking action and responding appropriately; Excellent business/verbal communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally in written communication; Ability to meet deadlines, demonstrate flexibility and work in fast-paced team environment; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also be a team player; Willingness to travel. Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel; Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn. Must be able to obtain necessary security clearance; requiring US citizenship.