Community Association Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HOA Community Manager
5150 Community Management
*REO Consulting is the recruitment partner of the hiring organization
Salary: $55,000 and up DOE
Cell phone reimbursement
4 day work week
15 days PTO
Hybrid Work Schedule
Professional development opportunities
Office located in the vicinity of Arapahoe and I-25
The Community Manager (CM) is responsible for ensuring that all Association Owners’ needs are met within the guidelines of the Association governing documents, all applicable governmental regulations, and industry standards and as outlined in the management contract.
The Community Manager is the advocate of the homeowners and the Board of Directors (BOD). In summary, she/he facilitates, advises, educates, and assists the Association Board of Directors, Committees, and Homeowners in the management and operations of the Homeowners’ Association business as required. The Community Manager is expected to exhibit the philosophy of the company by exercising the highest standard of quality service to our association boards, homeowners and vendors with total professionalism, accountability and commitment to excellence. This person serves as liaison between the association and other entities, including municipal departments and other community associations as necessary.
• Understanding the requirements of the community’s governing documents and rules.
• Continuously builds and maintains positive professional relationships with all clients and vendors.
• Planning, scheduling, organizing, facilitating, and recording Community, Special, and Board meetings and events of the Association within the parameters of the governing documents, jurisdictional requirements, and Management Company standards.
• Providing professional guidance to the BOD regarding their responsibility as fiduciaries.
• Monitoring and advising on matters of General Common Area Maintenance issues including Resident Safety (life safety, security, tripping hazards, etc.), procurement of required services, review of vendors’ work, and proper administration of invoicing and coding.
• Reviewing and approving invoices and expenses related to the Association business within the constraints of the management contract and limits of authority.
• Ensuring timely and accurate preparation and delivery of reports, communications and notices to BOD, residents, vendors, and other outside entities when required.
• Developing minutes of formal meetings within seven (7) days following each BOD the meeting.
• Providing supervision and training of subordinate and support staff as directed.
• Developing and monitoring annual budgets for Board of Director approval, in a timely manner.
• Regularly performing site visits as required by contract and as needed to monitor general property condition, maintenance requirements, and to enforce covenant violations.
• Being responsive and professional in all interactions with Community Owners, Residents and Co-workers.
• Completing Secretary or State, Ombudsman & Insurance renewals as required.
• Understanding and assisting with required building certifications and inspections such as elevators, boilers, and fire protection systems.
• Preparing homeowner newsletters as required.
• Maintaining all association records in a neat and orderly manner and as required by the governing documents and governing jurisdictions.
• Ensuring that the association’s liability and property insurance policies conform to requirements of the governing documents and applicable law.
• Assisting with the acquisition, development and monitoring of the Association’s Reserve Studies and updates.
• Maintaining records of major repairs and replacement projects, updated warranty information, and Association equipment inventory as necessary.
• Facilitating orientation and training of BOD, committee members, and homeowners as assigned.
• Facilitating long range planning and annual goal setting as necessary.
• Preparing requests for proposal for contract work, soliciting proposals from qualified bidders, and assisting the BOD in qualifying and selecting contractors.
• Overseeing the covenant enforcement and assisting with architectural design review processes in accordance with the governing documents and applicable law.
• Ensuring that the notice and grievance hearing process is followed in accordance with the association documents and law.
• Ensuring proper documentation of contracts, invoices and other expenses in order to ensure timely payment of bills, production of monthly financial statements and year-end external audits.
• Staying abreast of all applicable Governmental (federal, state, city) regulations pertaining to common interest communities and industry best practices, developments and latest regulations in order to be able to provide the most advanced and effective services to our clients.
• Participating in local community management associations is encouraged whenever possible.
• Maintaining individual living unit and required associated files of the Association.
• Responsibly and efficiently performing Emergency Line duties as assigned.
• Manager may delegate above duties to support staff, but cannot be relieved of responsibility for accuracy, timeliness and presentation of such action.
• Performing other duties as deemed appropriate or assigned.
KSA’s (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Primary skill requires efficient and high-quality communication (written and verbal) and ability to effectively interact with various personalities.
• Demonstrated successful experience in both people and organizational skills.
• Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize on a variety of levels with appropriate focus and professionalism.
• Be a self-starter, proactive, works quickly and accurately with detail oriented and goal driven.
• Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record and timely performance.
• Ability to function efficiently in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
• Must be a team player with strong relationship building skills..
• Utilize appropriate reasoning, planning, and time management skills
• Be able to maintain a professional demeanor under all situations.
• Possess adequate office skills including competent computer literacy, proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and a proven willingness to learn and use new technologies.
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and generally enjoys working with a
• Comfortable and effective with conflict and problem solving.
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company, including integrity, quality performance, loyalty, confidentiality, life balance and professionalism at all times with clients and co-workers.
• Strong speaking and writing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively on a variety of levels.
• Willing to work longer hours when necessary to complete critical assignments.
• Willing and able to coach, mentor, and counsel coworkers and subordinates to meet expected performance levels
• Able to lead effective meetings
• Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service, especially including the commitment to following up on all issues in a timely manner.
• Excellent time management skills
• Demonstrate the ability to independently manage workload, set priorities, meet
deadlines, work under pressure and adjust to change.
• Minimum of two (2) years of administrative / management experience in HOA management, preferably working under the supervision of a licensed CM
• Ability to meet attendance requirements
• CMCA preferred
REO Consulting, LLCWhy Work Here?
Enjoy great sign on bonus, pay and benefits; exceptional working environment with a dynamic team!
**REO Consulting, LLC is the recruitment partner of the employing company.