2022: Service Technician/Mechanic - Commercial HVAC/R and Kitchen Equipment
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Advanced Mechanical Plus: Ohio
REMCO: Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, and Louisiana
TBS Southeast: Texas
We are actively seeking experienced technicians and mechanics throughout our entire organization. Our compensation and benefit packages are at the top of the industry, and we are excited to continue our growth nationally.
Experienced technicians who meet our position requirements are eligible for a hiring bonus, paid after 90 days with the company, as well as future retention bonuses paid out on your anniversary date.
We offer a market leading travel and overtime policy, including $100 weekly on-call bonuses, as well as overtime for all after hours and weekend calls, including portal to portal travel.
JOB: Service Technician
EMPLOYMENT/FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Regular, Non-Exempt
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF you’re a career-minded field expert, however, we are going to be upfront – the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. We do things a bit differently – our Service Technicians work in geographical teams assigned to a Regional Service Manager, responsible for the overall business health and performance by delivering sustained excellence in the marketplace. YOU are the excellence and we will ensure you have the training, guidance and support necessary to deliver exceptional customer service in the field.
As a Service Technician, you will deliver customer service in the field in order to define service problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions about the work needing to be performed. You will become a partner with our Preferred Customers by consistently delivering exceptional solutions to both predict and prevent equipment failure, ensuring their equipment is running at full capacity with limited breakdowns. You will:
- Properly troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair Commercial Refrigeration Equipment, Ice Machines and HVAC systems to include installation and repairing systems by mounting, installing, fabricating, or connecting compressors, condensers, evaporators, motors, expansion and discharge values, motors, temperature and fans, control panels, switches, fuses, filters, gauges, ducts, piping, tubing, and related components; completes power connections;
- Work on commercial kitchen & cooking equipment such as: mixers, grilles/griddles, char-grills, ovens (deck and pizza), warming cabinets, holding cabinets, food wells, fryers, steamers, and pasta cookers;
- Communicate with manufacturers as needed to help with diagnoses and parts identification;
- Consult with the Operations Department for technical support while onsite and when follow up work needs to be scheduled;
- Consult with the Parts Department to get parts ordered;
- Install all parts ordered for the customer in a timely and professional manner and in line with company policy;
- Promote and recommend other services available to customers when needed;
- Produce accurate and timely administrative documents, such as work orders, time sheets, receipts, and truck stock inventory;
- Follow safe work practices and accident prevention procedures;
- Maintain a neat and orderly truck, along with accurate part and tool inventory;
- Maintain productivity levels in accordance with company standards;
- Assist fellow Service Technicians/Mechanics with troubleshooting and technical support when asked
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record;
- Knowledge of 3 phase and gas regulators and the ability to use a volt meter;
- Minimum of three (3) years trade related experience which would include installing refrigeration piping, brazing, setting display cases, condensing units, compressor racks and rooftop condensers;
- Ability to diagnose and repair commercial refrigeration systems including but not limited to Ice Machines, light commercial equipment; package and split HVAC systems;
- Ability to read and interpret refrigeration legends, construction drawings and equipment manuals.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Willingness and ability to perform On-Call and emergency after-hours duties as needed to ensure service coverage;
- Successfully pass post offer pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check in order to comply with Act 34;
- Detailed oriented and possess the ability to communicate (written and verbal) with customers, dispatch and management effectively;
- EPA Universal Certification
- Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (i.e. EPA, CFESA) or relevant military experience;
- Commercial refrigeration and/or commercial cooking equipment repair experience;
- Self-motivated with the proven ability to prioritize and work within our proven model;
BENEFITS FOR YOU INCLUDE:
- Receive a company service vehicle, fuel card, and cell phone;
- Company provided large/major tools and equipment;
- Comprehensive benefits program including Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental insurance, Free Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage, Paid Time Off, and a robust 401(k) match just to name a few;
- Professional Growth and Development – we want you to view your time with our company as an investment in your future, one that pays dividends along the way. The longer you stay, the wider the breadth of professional opportunities and experience you will gain.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, pressurized steam equipment, open flames, heated surfaces, and liquids. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. The employee must be able to frequently kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, reach, and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Restaurant Equipment Maintenance Company, a Smart Care Company, is one of the largest full service CFESA (Commercial Food Equipment Service Association) restaurant equipment parts and repair companies in the nation. Our offices are geographically located in order to provide parts and service under the Advanced Mechanical Plus name in Ohio, as REMCO in Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, and Louisiana, and as TBS Southeast in Texas. Our companies offer opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our reactionary service organization.
We are an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact Human Resources Toll Free at 1-800-538-9550. This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
ConstructionView all jobs at REMCO Southeast