Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancetand Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray?s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization.
Ready for a challenge? Interested or know someone who might be?
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic B2B sales professionals with experience in higher education, publishing, technology and/or healthcare sales environments. Due to our "deep bookbag" of products, we need dedicated and quick learning professionals who have worked with complex, customizable products.
This role gives those who are passionate about higher education and continued learning an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students pursuing a career in the field of Nursing & Allied Health.
Education Sales Consultants (ESC) promote health science books and digital products to nursing, health science, medical professionals and corporate executives in private sector education companies. This position is responsible for establishing revenue increases and reaching sales goals by creating mutually beneficial relationships and partnering with customers in the assigned territory
ESCs must be able to identify customer needs through solution-based selling techniques and demonstrate the full value of the Elsevier suite of products, which include textbooks, online and electronic educational resources.
This is a home-based opportunity reporting to the Regional Manager of Private Sector Education. This position requires up to 40% overnight travel.
Account Management and Business Development of a thriving territory, including customer service, commanding presentations, finely-honed negotiation skills and excellent training skills with both print and digital products.Drive successful implementation and adoption of the solution portfolio at the customers in your territory.Act as a trusted advisor to Higher Education and C-suite professionals at client universities by providing in-depth product training, support and guidance directly aligned to the curriculum.Create and deliver innovative presentation on Elsevier's suite of products and how they can create the most robust classroom.Track sales pipeline, leads, and sales cycle using Salesforce.com
What you should bring
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- 3-4 years of sales experience in technology, higher education, publishing and/or healthcare sales
- Proven track record of sales success, meeting and/or exceeding sales goals a majority of years.
- A passion to get the maximum satisfaction of your customers
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills in English
- Have used products in product portfolio, or else similar products
- Background in customer engagement and driving customer adoption
- A genuine interest in health science education and the integration of technology into the educational arena
- High-energy, positive attitude
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record are required (Motor vehicle check required).
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Elsevier's benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of the kind of things you can expect when joining Elsevier.
- A base salary + a competitive bonus plan based on territory revenue.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Full benefits package, including;
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Life, Accident, Pet etc
- Retirement: 401(K) plan, including a company match and Employee Stock Purchase
- Disability: Long-term, short-term
- Work / Life balance: Volunteer programs, Tuition and Adoption Assistance
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Sick days as well as paid holidays
- For additional information, please inquire
An assessment or business case could be part of our selection procedure. A pre-employment screening will be part of our recruitment procedure.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.