Events Staff - Seasonal - part time hours
- Expired: October 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reid Park Zoological Society is seeking Events Staff to help with our fun seasonal events such as ZooLights, Boo at the Zoo, Wine Gone Wild or Summer Nights Safari. One-year hospitality or event experience preferred.
The Society is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to create inspiring memories for all by connecting people and animals to ensure the protection of wild animals and wild places. We provide educational and fun experiences for visitors of all ages. Reid Park Zoo is the largest attended cultural attraction in Southern Arizona with approximately 500,000 visitors annually. Be a part of a vibrant, growing organization as Reid Park Zoo implements an exciting master plan that will be investing over $60M in new exhibits over the next ten years.
No phone calls or visits please. This position is open until filled. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff by creating an inclusive environment.
The Events Staff position is responsible for assisting the Events Department in the setup, cleanup, teardown, and other items related to rentals and Reid Park Zoological Society (RPZS) events. Provides excellent guest service during events and rentals. This position is seasonal for events, primarily for after zoo hours, weekends and evenings.
Reports To: Events & Outreach Supervisor
- Events setup/teardown
- Administrative Functions
- Other Duties as Assigned
Assist as directed in set up and tear down of equipment including but not limited to tables, chairs, linens, decorations, lighting and basic audio/visual needs and sanitation as requested.
Provide security at gates and setup barricades.
Assist and coordinate as directed in crowd control of large numbers of visitors during events. Answer guest questions.
Assist with RPZS information, crafts, enrichment and merchandise tables.
Assist vendors and sponsors with set-up and tear-down when needed.
Assist with Santa's Village - Santa helper and line control during ZooLights event.
Perform duties in accordance with RPZS policies such as cash handling procedures.
Provide excellent customer service as a component of all job duties.
Follows Zoo safety protocols and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- 1-year hospitality, restaurant server or event experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Employee should be able to keep cool under pressure and maintain a calm and friendly demeanor while directing large crowds and answering guest questions on a variety of topics.
- Employee should be assertive, energetic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment and organizational skills are necessary to ensure the enjoyment and safety of our guests
- Ability to take direction and be quick to act or change direction as needed.
- Employee is expected to work outside for a majority of events and must be comfortable working in either cold or hot weather conditions.
- Employee should be able to lift and carry heavy objects (up to 50+ lbs. on occasion), must be comfortable walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Physical attendance at work when scheduled.
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully handle stressful situations, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality and to respect and observe organizational protocol.
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
Please note that this document is not an exhaustive list. It is intended to give a reasonable idea of what might be required.
The hourly rate for this position is $15 hourly.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the policy of Reid Park Zoological Society to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact the Human Resources Dept.
JOB CODE: 8742
REID PARK ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY
1030 S Randolph WayTucson, AZ
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Event Merchandising jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.