Senior Business Systems Analyst, Supply Chain Systems
Job Type:Full Time
Job Function:Information Technology
What's cool about this job
Senior Business Systems Analyst - Supply Chain Systems contributes to REI's success by ensuring the alignment of the Supply Chain division's business strategy to the planning and execution of projects. Models and acts in accordance with REI's guiding values and mission. This position serves as a liaison between the Supply Chain business and Information Technology to ensure business needs and requirements are understood, valued, prioritized and communicated for medium and large projects. This position serves as a leadership team member on medium and large projects to ensure they are implemented on time, on budget, and to specifications. The REI Senior. Business Systems Analyst is an elevated role in the community of business analysis at REI. They are expected to help define and adhere to best practices within the community.
* *Requirements Management*: Manages the business requirements process for large, cross-divisional technology projects by facilitating, eliciting, gathering, documenting, validating, prioritizing and establishing baseline business requirements in retail and payments domain. Ensures testability / traceability of requirements, including developing the traceability matrix. Expresses business requirements using multiple techniques. Documents requirements in accordance with REI methodology. Manages changes to the requirements baseline. Provides deployment support. Contributes to financial and business value analysis. Participates in peer reviews of requirements deliverables. Develop, support, and advocate for creation of business cases for retail demands and opportunities.
* *Systems knowledge:*Advanced knowledge of business functionality, interfaces, data flow, and functional architecture of systems supported. Is advanced in use of solutions supported, and has an in-depth understanding of how technologies supported work. Able to troubleshoot system problems from a functionality perspective, especially when supporting end-user testing and training.
* *Work Coordination:*Represents the business system owner and their divisional community for large, cross-divisional projects. Coordinates controls and communicates decisions related to the business solution. Defines business requirements and successfully completes organizational changes. Participates in large, cross-divisional project planning with the Program Manager. Understands, formulates, prioritizes and validates business requirements for use by the large, cross-divisional project. Confirms that results meet stated business requirements. Keeps stakeholders up to date on work status and project progress. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details. Work with technical team members to transform and develop new requirements into design and implementation components. Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans. Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks. Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new projects or enhancements to existing software. Ensure production issues are identified, tracked, prioritized, reported on and resolved in a timely manner based on severity and customer impact. Drive team towards root cause identification and resolution for production incidents. Participate in program level steering committee meetings to evaluate and provide guidance for issues, risks to ensure project deadlines and schedules are met. Drive process improvements in production support monitoring, reporting and alerting to ensure system stability and availability
* *Process:*Documents and analyzes existing or 'as-is' business processes. Designs new or 'to-be' business processes. Maps "as is" and "to be" business processes, understands gaps, and develops transition plans. Advances the Business analyst practice in terms of methodology, processes and procedures. Educates other business stakeholders on the project management / product development processes and their roles.
* *Planning*: Contributes to corporate and divisional strategic planning process by helping identify business initiatives. Identifies cross-divisional dependencies and impacts. Helps develop and maintain business initiative roadmaps. Contributes to financial and business value analysis. Helps define the total portfolio of programs and projects which support strategic plan.
* *Other Duties as Assigned:*May perform other 'ancillary' duties as assigned including but not limited to work such as coordination of end-user testing, troubleshooting, business consultation, training and organizational change management.
Bring your passion and expertise
* 5+ years direct work experience as a Senior Business Analyst or Business Analyst on large scale programs or portfolios
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, Business Management or related field, or equivalent training and experience
* Previous experience in multi-channel retail environment preferred
* Experience with warehouse/distribution operations and supply chain business processes preferred
* Experience working with Manhattan Associates Warehouse Management (WM), preferably on IBM iSeries (AS/400) platform preferred
* Experience working with peripheral Manhattan Associates supply chain management applications, including Labor Management (LM), Supply Chain Intelligence (SCI), and Slotting Optimization preferred
* Demonstrated understanding of both business and systems processes and an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
* Ability to create compelling business cases which express business need, communicate proposed project benefits and demonstrate business impacts
* Exceptional verbal & written communications, teaching, facilitation & negotiation, leadership & influencing skills.
* Demonstrated ability in the faciltation, identification, validation, documendation priortiziation and management of business requirements (use cases, data modeling, process modeling, context diagrams, systems diagrams, etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict
* Ability to conceptualize and recommend solutions to business problems
* IT project management experience preferred
* Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate project delivery with the project management office or equivalent organization
* Proficiency in creating business models (strategy, process, conceptual data, etc.) preferred
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception - 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it's balanced with time off to play-a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer