We are a growing orthopedic practice looking for a skilled x-ray technologist with a passion for people! As a clinical team member, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring patients receive great care and have a wonderful experience from the moment they walk in until the moment they leave. We believe in going above and beyond, and feel that there is no nobler pursuit than that of caring for others and helping to improve their quality of life. We hope you’ll join us on our mission!
1. Responsible for providing x-rays ordered by the providers.
2. Responsible for quality x-rays to include correct image, right or left markers, and patient ID.
3. Maintains proper use of x-ray equipment, DR and PACS.
4. Proper use of computer for Business purposes only.
5. Communicates with the Clinical Operations Manager with any concerns or operational questions/problems.
6. Establishes a professional relationship with the providers, co-workers and clinical staff.
7. Help clinical staff with PACS to include importing and burning of CDs.
8. Manage requests pertaining to imaging film release.
9. Assist Medical Assistant and Surgical Coordinator as needed. For example: entering medication refill request from refill request line, assist in making appointments, answering and triaging phone calls and calling in medications if necessary.
10. Maintain cleanliness of x-ray department.
11. Provides coverage as medical assistant when needed
12. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Certification in radiology technology
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one year experience in a medical office setting, preferably in the specialty of orthopedics.
REQUIREMENTS: Licenses, and Certifications Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in radiography.
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of diagnostic radiographic procedures.
2. Knowledge of basic chemistry, film apparatus, and film processing techniques.
3. Knowledge of how diseases and injuries are diagnosed and imaged radiographically.
4. Knowledge of human anatomy.
5. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
1. Skill in operating a phone, computer, fax, and/or copy machine.
2. Skill in operating an x-ray machine and DR PACS system.
3. Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner and using a multi-line telephone system.
4. Skill in managing one’s time and the time of others.
5. Skill in prioritizing workload for optimum job performance.
6. Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
7. Skill in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.
8. Skill in triaging patient calls and properly route the call to the appropriate provider/medical assistant.
9. Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
10. Skill intact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
1. Ability to lift and position patients for the type of X-ray procedure required.
2. Ability to set up and operate radiographic equipment.
3. Ability to clean, maintain, and make minor adjustments to equipment.
4. Ability to notice detail in drawings and differences in shapes and shadings.
5. Ability to keep and maintain records.
6. Ability to communicate effectively.
7. Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
We currently serve patients out of two locations, Stockbridge and Griffin. Candidates must be willing to travel to both locations as needed.
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-time
REGENERATIVE ORTHOPAEDICS AND SPINE