REFORM Alliance is a national organization seeking to safely reduce the number of people on probation and parole and create real pathways to work and wellness for people who have been supervised instead of supported. We are using all the resources we have to help fix the flawed criminal justice system in the United States by changing laws and policies and building a movement of REFORMers to help change hearts and minds.
REFORM was founded in the wake of the #FreeMeek movement. The Board includes award-winning recording artist Meek Mill; Fanatics executive chairman Michael Rubin; Arnold Ventures co-founder Laura Arnold; entrepreneur and business mogul Shawn "JAY-Z" Carter; Kraft Group CEO and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft; Galaxy Digital CEO and founder Michael E. Novogratz; Vista Equity Partners founder, chairman, CEO Robert F. Smith; Brooklyn Nets co-owner, businesswoman, investor, and philanthropist Clara Wu Tsai; and co-founder and co-CEO of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Priscilla Chan. Veteran criminal justice advocate Robert Rooks leads the organization as CEO.
2023 Internship Program Overview
REFORM is seeking candidates for our 2023 summer internship program. The ideal candidate is passionate about criminal justice reform, a self-starter, and eager to learn in a team environment. People who have been directly impacted by or involved with the criminal justice system are encouraged to apply. The internship is an opportunity to grow our interns' knowledge of the power of storytelling and the fight to reform the justice system.
This is a non-exempt position and students will receive an hourly rate for twenty hours per week, exposure to leaders in this space and company initiatives, and the opportunity to build transferable business skills. Projects are designed to build knowledge, skills, and professional experience.
Internships will start the week of June 19 (with some limited flexibility to start later depending on individual intern's academic calendar) and last up to eight weeks. Interns will work and participate in internship activities from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Optional, unpaid social programming may take place on some Thursday afternoons after 2:00pm.
REFORM is seeking up to twenty (20) interns in eight (8) departments (Policy & Law, Research, Communications, Marketing, Memberships & Community Engagement, Digital, Creative and Court Watch to work on eleven (11) projects as described below. Please specify in your application which project(s) interest you. Note that while some projects are open to students seeking a bachelor/graduate degree at an accredited institution and REFORM will also consider May 2022 graduates, some positions have special requirements.
Project #1- Digital Intern- One position
Location: Washington, DC
The Digital Interns will provide direct support to the Digital Director and team. Digital interns will obtain experience working with a team, project management skills and be able to contribute to our social media strategy in a meaningful way. The Digital Intern will contribute to the overall mission of REFORM by increasing our social media engagement and content strategy output.
Tasks will include:
- Weekly analytics tracking and content recommendations
- "Man on the street" style content creation
- Project management support of content creation
- Comparative analysis as needed
- Other tasks as identified by the Director
- Background in marketing, communications, social media or graphic design.
- Prior experience in social content development
- Comfortable being on camera and interacting and interviewing others
- Preferred: Proficient on Google Suite, Asana or other project management tools, graphic design
Project #2- Creative & Design Intern- One position
Location: New York, NY
The Intern will provide direct support to the Creative Director and will be responsible for templating a variety of designed products to support REFORM's mission and create a library of assets (photo, video, etc.). The Intern will contribute to the Marketing Team and overall mission of REFORM by increasing our ability to quickly turn around design projects based on organization needs.
Tasks will include:
- Creating and testing templates for use in the organization for event invitations, ads, and emails, PowerPoint presentations, Word docs, and Google Suite products
- Creative asset collection and organization
- Digital Asset Management system research
- Project management support for key stakeholders such as events teams
- Ad hoc creative, asset or merchandise assignments as needed
- Required: Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and, InDesign
- Required: Experience with Canva
- Required: Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Word and PowerPoint)
- Required: Strong organization and project management skills
- Proficient on Google Suite is preferred.
Project #3- Intern, Storytelling- One position
Location: New York, NY
The Intern, Storytelling, will provide direct support to the Managing Director of Marketing. The Intern, Storytelling will be responsible for project management, supporting the acquisition, vetting, filtering, execution and documenting of the process of storytelling that supports REFORM's mission. The Storytelling intern will contribute to the Marketing team and overall mission of REFORM by increasing our connections with leaders and organizations that share and align with our priorities.
Tasks will include:
- Project Management of storytelling process at Reform
- Researching contacts and organizations as needed; outreach support
- Creating Asana projects for team and follow-up with individual team members to ensure projects stay on time and all deliverables are accounted for in process
- Set up processes via Salesforce, Salsa Engage, & Asana to ensure smooth cross-departmental collaboration, collection, tagging, filtering & storage of storyteller data, and transparent workflow and deadlines across teams. Incorporate and leverage other tools as needed.
- Review vetting checklists and decide whether or not to move forward with content creation, collaborate with team members as needed
- Serve as primary point on select occasions for storyteller, ensure all needs are met
- Support any needs of storytelling teams that arise from expense management, merchandise, travel booking through to list management.
- Other tasks as identified by the Senior Director.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong interest in criminal justice reform and storytelling
- Proficient on Google Suite, Asana and CRM tools such as salesforce
- Interest in consumer relationship management
- Ability to work well independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Prior experience with social media content preferred but not required
At REFORM Alliance, we strive to move hearts and minds to create a more humane criminal justice system. This requires us to maintain a company culture that values employee individuality and community development. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, empowering and globally minded. We firmly believe that diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual identity, cultural background, religion, disability and age produces ideas and perspectives that make our efforts stronger for people unjustly in the system and make our company a better place to work. Our leadership team is committed to embedding diversity and inclusion into everything we do and how we lead.
REFORM AllianceNew York, NY
BusinessView All REFORM Alliance Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.