Senior Design Manager
Looking for a design-sensitive, ambitious design professional with good people skills a high level of organization and a thirst to meet deadlines. This individual would work with Engineering, Architecture and Schematic Design in plan execution and deadlines, for a very successful, busy design-build firm in Westfield, NJ.
This is a newly created position, where the individual will work with all levels of construction, architects, engineers as well as schematic designers to manage deadlines, preparation of schematic documents and coordination of these responsibilities with in house Project Managers, clients, consultants, as well as subcontractors as anything relating to daily business operations.
- Meets with clients, along with project teams, to ensure all information is documented and communicated back to other individuals and teams with involvement in the project
- Manage components/tasks of each consulting project to ensure effective execution, according to job deadlines
- Daily tracking and communicating of deadlines in house as well as outside
- Interacts and communicates effectively and professionally with all internal team members and clients
- Assures execution of, and assists with quality control activities for architectural, engineering and schematic elements on projects when needed
- Reviews drawings prior to final submittal, documenting code review and compliance and possible changes if needed
- Keeps lead architect/engineer or designated team leader informed of progress; recognizes problem issues and communicates impact to team and seeks clarity when necessary.
- Maintains, organizes and archives all project-related documents
- Assists lead consulting project manager with day-to-day project management duties, including team communication and collaboration with outside partners
- Be able to create “on the fly” schematic designs during client meetings
- Engineering P.E. license is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Proficient in Auto Cad & Revit - Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office package: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max is desired
- MS Project proficiency is highly preferred
- 5 years of experience managing teams
- Ability to switch gears quickly to accommodate changing priorities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organization of systems, processes, and daily operations