STOP LOOKING ANY FURTHER, YOU ARE HOME! Come join our team and work for a fast-growing Construction Management firm. We offer great benefits, with opportunities to learn/teach alongside accomplished business leaders. REDCOM LLC is seeking a full time Chief Estimator.
· We need you to be responsible for performing on-screen takeoffs, as well as manage the bid, negotiation, and award process for all vendors. You will be expected to meet with clients to conceptualize and revise designs, as well as make necessary changes to estimates until a final design and price are agreed upon and should feel comfortable speaking about construction to people at various levels. You will also be responsible for procuring subcontractors and materials and expediting and scheduling deliveries of materials/services to jobsites.
· Do you have the ability to read architectural drawings, write scopes of work and level bids?
- Are your skills strong in writing, organizing/prioritizing? Are you easy to work with, have negotiation expertise, plus the capacity to be analytical and use critical thinking?
- If you have construction plan take-off skills and pay attention to details, then you are the candidate we are looking for!
- Experience managing a team of estimators and/or purchasing employees, 7+ Years of construction project estimation/buy-out experience, 5 Years of purchasing and expediting experience in a commercial construction or retail environment, highly versed in commercial construction standards and practices, ability to multi-task several projects at any given time, responsible for all aspects of Estimating and purchasing process, must understand construction economics for change-order evaluation.
- Conduct thorough analysis of drawings and specifications, ensuring required information is provided, perform detailed project cost estimates by analyzing plans and specifications and performing quantity take-offs for select trades.
- Research selected products from a cost and constructability perspective, solicit sub-contractor pricing and bids for different trades in preparation of cost estimate and manage the subcontractor RFP process.
- Qualify and level subcontractors’ proposals according to project specifications, itemize trade specific scopes and prepare bid packages.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University in construction management, finance or other related field preferred
ARE YOU THE ONE??? An organized, disciplined, and conscientious individual to join our team of intelligent, hard-working professionals to continue to grow our company. We have an outstanding company culture and leadership that is top-notch. Join our team for a career – not just your next job!
Email or call: Ellen at 908-233-4030 x255