Manager Control System & Information Technology
- Posted: over a month ago
- $130,000 to $140,000 Yearly
RED-Rochester, LLC owns and operates the utility systems at Eastman Business Park (formerly Kodak Park). RED-Rochester offers a full suite of utilities and services to Eastman Business Park tenants including electric power, steam, chilled water, compressed air, and other services.
RED-Rochester is looking for a Manager of Control System & Information Technology Engineer to join its Leadership Teams.Job Description
Position: Manager, Control System & Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Technical Officer
Pay Band: Exempt C
Responsible for the reliable day-to-day operations of RED-Rochester’s (RED) Control System and Information Technology infrastructure.
Responsible for development and implementation of IT and Process Automation strategies to provide long term operational reliability, equipment/system efficiencies, and employee productivity.
Responsible for development and implementation of cybersecurity programs for both information and control system technology to minimize cybersecurity risks.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for RED’s overall IT and Process Automation strategies coupling them with the RED company vision, strategy and automation goals, requiring close collaboration with numerous stakeholders within RED. Strategies must be informed by and nested with RED’s broader operational needs and commercial goals.
- Will serve on RED’s Leadership Team.
- Manage team of IT and Control System Engineers/Technicians providing park-wide support for all of RED’s infrastructure.
- Manage primary IT support supplier and other suppliers to provide complete IT services to RED including help desk support, network administration, and cybersecurity services.
- Provide technical support to Energy Operations and Wastewater Treatment Operations to ensure continued reliable and efficient operations.
- Provide technical support to control system technicians for Ovation infrastructure and control system strategies and implementation projects.
- Serve as the architect of RED’s IT/Ovation DCS infrastructure to ensure that its hardware, software, and networks reliably meet RED’s commercial and technical needs.
- Establishes appropriate, business-centric policies and procedures to exploit the full capability of RED’s Control System and Information Technology assets and to assure the highest levels of system reliability and network security.
- Responsible for establishing annual IT and Process Automation budget recommendations in line with IT and Process Automation strategies.
- Implement and execute proactive IT and Ovation DCS maintenance/lifecycle replacement program to facilitate budget planning and system reliability.
- Ensure all control systems are highly reliable and cost effectively maintained.
- Identify and implement cost effective control systems projects, including automation of existing equipment to improve operational efficiencies and system flexibility to drive production costs down.
- Drive productive use and maximization of the OS Pi historian across the organization, including the long-term goal of using the system for predictive maintenance purposes.
- Maintain healthy and productive relationships with process automation vendors to continually search for ways to drive cost effective automation solutions.
- Act as Project Manager when necessary to implement IT and Control System projects. Must be able to marshal the people and resources needed to successfully plan, schedule and execute projects on time and on budget.
- Provide implementation support for Ovation control system logic and graphics updates for small project implementations or operational improvements.
- Manage RED’s Distribution Metering infrastructure to ensure accurate and timely billing to RED’s customers including meter maintenance, monthly process meter reads, and metering upgrades.
- Provide Instrumentation and Control System engineering support to larger capital projects to ensure project delivers solutions meeting Operational needs and I&C standards.
- Ensure the security of RED’s IT and control systems, operational data and customer data through adequate cybersecurity policies/programs, network firewalls, backup systems, and other measures where necessary.
- Evaluate and implement a plan to manage business risk of RED’s technology to include Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity policies.
- Manage all third-party IT/DCS service providers, vendors, and suppliers to validate the necessity of the services provided and relative cost vs. value assessment.
- Ensure compliance with all software licensing agreements
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- BS Degree preferably in engineering.
- Minimum years of 10 years’ experience with utility control systems, control system engineering, including development of control system strategies.
- Significant experience required with distributed control systems (DCS), their function and operational/maintenance needs.
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in application architecture and IT/DCS infrastructure, including networking, telecommunications, servers and PCs.
- Significant experience required with utility plant communication requirements with respect to data, voice, IT and DCS networks.
- Emerson Ovation experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be a results-driven self-starter with the desire to manage diverse teams to bring creative solutions to a dynamic operating environment.
- Able to proactively identify long term problems and develop solutions to address issues of reliability, efficiency, and obsolescence.
- High degree of experience with industry best practices and a high level of confidence in the field.
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence and is able to communicate in a calm, professional manner in stressful environments.
- Able to communicate and explain technical ideas in layman’s terms to assist leadership and others without technical expertise in making informed decisions.
- Dedication to customer service and understanding that most customers are RED employees.
- Able to adjust easily to rapid change, possesses a strong sense of urgency, and is able to work well under pressure.
- Technical problem solving, analytical and decision making skills are required.
- Possesses proven ability to manage multiple projects, Service Providers, and consultants, while paying strict attention to detail.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Work Environment: Normal office and occasion industrial conditions.
► A combination of normal office/desk and heavy industrial park conditions.
► Weather consistent with historical seasonal changes in Rochester, NY.
► Possibility of temperatures ranging from extreme cold to over 100 degrees.
► Aspects of the job may include occasional exposure to spaces with Hazardous Materials, such as Asbestos, Lead paint, and other chemicals or waste products. All required PPE and safety training will be provided by RED to eliminate associated risks.Physical Demands:
- Able to operate computer keyboard, printers, copiers, etc.
- Visual and hearing ability.
► Able to move between buildings in Eastman Business Park which may require
climbing multiple flights of stairs from time-to-time
► Must have a valid driver’s license and willingness to use a company or personal car
to travel about Eastman Business Park which covers approximately 5 square miles.
► See Table below for more details
Gripping with Force
Working above shoulder level
RED Rochester LLC.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?