Full-Time / Part-Time Psychiatrist
Our mission is to put good health within reach of all our community members through comprehensive healthcare and self-care services essential for optimizing the well-being of mind and body. We aim to help engage our clients and community in their own health experience – mental, emotional, and physical. Our experienced specialists provide therapy and treatment for a wide range of mental health issues that include depression, anxiety, anger and stress management, bipolar disorder, and addiction. If you are passionate about making a difference, then we want to talk to you.
Currently, REBOOT: Mind, Body, Health is seeking a Psychiatrist who provides compassionate, supportive, patient-centered psychiatric medical care to our patients. Our Psychiatrist will work diligently to help improve the daily lives of our patients by providing evaluations/consultations, diagnosis, monitoring of progress, and pharmacologic and other appropriate psychological health treatment services. Our Psychiatrist will work collaboratively with REBOOT staff, including our nurse practitioners and nurses, therapists, physical therapist, health coach, personal trainer, and other outside sources to provide quality holistic and lifestyle care for our patients.
- Psychiatrist will provide ongoing consultation and management for assigned patients as requested or as necessary in accordance with accepted standards of psychiatric practice.
- Psychiatrist will provide psychiatric services on the days and at the times established and scheduled by REBOOT. Our expectation is that the Psychiatrist's schedule will be maximized during his/her clinical schedule to best serve all our clients in need.
- Psychiatrist will utilize the electronic medical records system to timely and accurately fulfill all administrative responsibilities attendant to his/her performance of direct patient care, including but not limited to, entry and completion of progress notes detailing all patient encounters, services provided and treatment plans recommended; electronic order entry of medications and diagnostic tests; and other required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of REBOOT and/or other relevant accrediting or regulatory bodies. Psychiatrist must ensure compliance with REBOOT's documentation policies.
- Psychiatrist will prepare and attend to all reports, claims, and correspondence (including email) necessary or appropriate to the performance of the professional services. Email is a regular form of communication within REBOOT and therefore prompt response, generally a response within 24 hours (or sooner as medically/business appropriate) is required.
- Psychiatrist will refer patients to other services within the practice when and if needed.
- Psychiatrist will maintain competence in his/her area of specialty by attending professional conventions or seminars as well as participating in educational activities offered by professional societies on a reasonable basis.
- Psychiatrist will provide coverage when other physician employees/contractors are unavailable due to vacations, holidays, illness, other personal or professional absences, or as required by REBOOT.
- Psychiatrist will attend administrative meetings, as needed.
- Psychiatrist may serve as a collaborating physician, as needed, and/or may provide supervision to Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, RNs, residents, interns or others.
- Psychiatrist will work in collaboration with the Leadership Team at REBOOT to develop, implement, and oversee programs (IOP, PHP, etc).
- Psychiatrist will perform other duties assigned by REBOOT from time to time that are commensurate with professional services normally and customarily performed by a physician.
- Psychiatrist will follow all policies and procedures of REBOOT, ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws, regulations and security requirements.
- Psychiatrist will promote the professional practice of REBOOT.
- Decision Making Authority: In providing physician services, Psychiatrist will exercise independent medical judgment consistent with approved methods and practices in his/her specialty and in the best interest of the patients. All other activities are to be conducted with the consultation and assistance of the Leadership Team. At all appropriate times, treatment activities should be performed as a team function.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Virginia Licensed Physician, in good standing upon effective date of employment.
· MD or DO
· Full prescriptive powers in Virginia with a DEA license
· American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
· Communicates effectively
· Forms positive relationships with others
· Demonstrates awareness of diversity and its influence
· Develops effective relationships with culturally diverse individuals, families, and groups
· Displays professional behavior
· Engages in self-assessment
· Demonstrates accountability
· Demonstrates awareness of ethical and legal standards applicable to professional service, training, and research
· Recognizes and manages ethical and legal issues in professional service, training, and research
· Uses evidence-based assessment tools (e.g., screening instruments, rating scales, and tests that assess risk, development, personality, psychopathology, cognitive functioning, and organizational functioning)
· Collects and integrates data
- Provides consultation (e.g. case-based, group, organizational systems)
- Engages in and fosters inter-professional collaboration
- Attends practice clinical and leadership meetings
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
· Requires ability to use routine office equipment such as a computer and telephone.
· Requires ability to comprehend both oral and written communications.
· HIPAA Classification: Unrestricted Access: A workforce member with unrestricted access will have full access to patient’s protected health information, including the patient’s entire medical record, for patient care purposes.
· Requires sufficient near-vision to be able to read documents and computer screen.
· Requires ability to work flexible hours to meet the job requirements.
· Ability lift up to 50 pounds
· Requires long periods of sitting, telephone, and computer work.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Active Medical License
- ABPN Board Certification/Eligibility (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: YES / Work Location: One Location
- 10 days PTO
Hours per week:
REBOOT: Mind, Body, Health
Virginia Beach, VA