In-House Counsel with litigation experience
Real Estate Asset Company is seeking a motivated mid-level attorney with at least three years of experience to join our legal team. We are seeking someone who is confident, professional, well-spoken, proactive in his/her approach, and has the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously. The role may negotiate a variety of commercial and residential agreements and may also provide the company additional legal support as requested. Assignments may include: filing lawsuits in the areas of contractual law, municipality law, and real estate law, researching and disseminating information related to relevant legal issues, reviewing and reporting on contract obligations, and preparing for and attending meetings with code enforcement.
What You'll Do:
- Draft, review and negotiate contractual arrangements on behalf of company
- Litigate lawsuits on behalf of the company in different areas of the law including but not limited to municipality law, real estate law, contract law, and slander/libel/defamation
- Review of answers, preparation of discovery, and preparation of disposition motions and all aspects of conducting trial and appearing for hearings.
- Advise management on all aspects of commercial and residential transactions, as well as various laws and regulations affecting the company's businesses
- Seamlessly collaborate cross-functionally with contractors to understand requirements and ensure consistency of agreement terms
- Assist in the development and implementation of company contract policies, procedures, and initiatives
- Conduct legal research and draft legal memorandums to support relevant business activities
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience & Qualifications:
- JD from accredited law school and Florida bar admission
- At least 3 years of combined law firm and in-house legal department work experience, preferably focused on negotiation of sales or vendor transactions, insurance and foreclosure defense, evictions, and municipality lawsuits
- Experience communicating with management regarding tough issues
- Positive and patient temperament with proven success in the ability to teach others and to iteratively implement better processes
- Thoughtful, adaptable, practical, and able to focus on details in a fast-paced environment
- A strong team player who can work well with cross-functional business colleagues
- Committed to his or her personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
- Attorney should be familiar with state and federal consumer laws and keep abreast of any changes in state, Federal or local rules.
- Attorney is to be knowledgeable in post judgment remedies including attachment and garnishment.
- Florida based position
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Fun and Relaxed Work Environment
Salary: $42,000.00 to $83,200.00 /year