- Expired: October 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for a career with an incredibly tight-knit organization that's also dedicated to helping their community? Then you've come to the right place! This is your chance to be part of an organization that's entire mission is improving the lives of others!
Summary: Responsible for the fiscal operations of the organization including accounting, auditing and tax, finance, treasury management, grant contracts and compliance, budgeting, payroll, AR billing, AP payments, cost containment and allowable cost monitoring, implementing and monitoring internal controls. This position also manages Human Resources through an outside consultant. The Finance Director reports to the CEO and serves as part of the Executive Management team charged with carrying out the organization's mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Structure financial reports to meet management needs
- Supervises and manages the Finance Department Team
- Federal grant quarterly and year end reports
- Monitor activity to update distribution codes for Shared Cost Allocation
- Periodic accounting system testing and maintain updates affecting financial data
- Performs all year end reconciliations, prepares reports, financial statements, including SEFA
- Coordinates year end audit with external CPA audit firm
- Provides Form 990 Tax information to external auditor
- Oversees grant contract reviews and negotiations
- Acts as Payroll Administrator, processes bi-weekly payroll, files Federal and State quarterly returns
- Oversee outsourced HR vendor, coordinate with outside Benefits provider on negotiation & selection of benefits
- Manages Accounts Payable process for timely payments
- Manages Accounts Receivable process for cost reimbursement requests
- Prepares annual agency budget
- Analyze budget to actual reports
- Meet with program managers monthly on performance related to grant contract and budget issues
- Responsible for internal control process and procedures, improvements and adherence
- Maintain awareness and initiate assistance on agency projects as applicable
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Follow all organization's policies, practices, and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical, financial, and legal documents. Ability to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical influence. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete examples.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, recordkeeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets and graphics
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to handle a rigorous schedule of deadlines
Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting/Finance or equivalent, CPA required. At least ten years of non-profit relevant work experience in increasingly responsible positions. Experience should include:
- Non-Profit Fund Accounting
- Experience with application of U.S. GAAP, U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance)
- Government funding rules and procedures
- Federal grants management compliance
- Supervisory experience (3-5 years) in a similar capacity
- MIP Fund Accounting system experience a plus
- Budgeting and expense management/control
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature
- Light lifting/moving up to 30 lbs.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Close/distance/peripheral and depth perception
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Finance Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.